A car’s engine is arguably the most important part since it serves as the source of power for the vehicle to move about. Considering this, you should have an understanding on how to keep the engine in good condition. One of the more common culprits associated with engine breakdown is rust.
Take a look at how you can rid your car’s engine of this devastating aspect of nature’s ways.
1. Explore your options. There are two ways you can venture on without taking out all parts of your engine and cooking each one. The first one is sandblasting. It involves propelling fine bits of material to clean a surface. It is commonly executed using high velocities. Sand used to be the main material tapped on but ever since the breakout of the ling disease silicosis which is caused by extended inhalation of dust particles other materials like powdered abrasives, steel grit, and copper slag have been part of the sandblasting scene. The second one is renting a high pressure washer at your local rental shop. It should be in 3000 PSI and heated. When you intend to go with the second option make sure no water enters the alternator because failure to do so would mean spending more.
2. No other direction to go but out. If the stated options do not go well for your standards then it’s time rip out your engine and cook it. There are specifically designed units utilized to cook your engine up.
3. You can work on your own by following these simple steps:
- Carefully disassemble the engine and remove loose grime and debris in sight. You can use a hose to execute this procedure properly.
- The ideal setting for your work is room temperature. When you are sure that you’re in one, you can begin filling a large container with Evapo-Rust which you can readily acquire in online shops. It is a biodegradable product that has been proven safe for public use.
- Submerge the engine into the container. Make sure that every corner and portion of your engine is properly situated.
- The extent of rust development and accumulation will dictate the time your engine will spend inside the container. Nevertheless standards indicate that rusty parts should be soaked at an average of 2 to 24 hours.
- Once you’ve reached the conclusion of the mapped out timetable, you can take out the parts from the Evapo-Rust solution in order to determine if rust is removed appropriately. If the outcome passes your standards wash off the solution using a hose focusing on the removal of loose debris and rust. Use a rag to dry out your engine.
- You can either opt to re-soak your engine with the Evapo-Rust solution for short-term protection or you can go long-term by coating your engine with anti-corrosive material. Either way you’re the captain of the ship so you decide what to do.
4. A strange yet effective way to go is by pouring coke over your engine. Let it settle for several minutes. Scrub with a stiff bristled brush and rinse with water.
Although the engine is the common focus when it comes to car parts you must not take for granted the other components that make your vehicle function at optimum levels. There should be equal distribution of care and attention if you want to ensure smooth driving on a daily basis.