Kia cars are one of the cheapest cars available in the market today. With that in mind, it is still important for you to compare the Kia cars available to get the most value for your money. You need to do this in order to know which Kia car is most suited for your needs. Here are some ways to compare the available Kia cars in the market.
- Exterior design. For a brand known for its cheap prices, Kia has some simple looking cars that look elegant in their simplicity. Note that some Kia cars look old-fashioned compared to newer models from Ford, Volkswagen, and other, more expensive manufacturers. Some newer models of Kia cars look more up-to-date and feature a sleeker design.
- Interior design. You should consider what the interior of the Kia car looks like before purchasing it. Like its exterior, the interior of some Kia cars may have a dashboard that looks old fashioned. Take note of the appearance of the CD player or stereo, the steering wheel and the seats. Make it a point that your car will look elegant in its simplicity.
- Practicality of the vehicle. Always consider the practicality and use of the vehicle. Know if there is enough luggage capacity for you to carry your belongings if you will use the car for a road trip. Another thing to keep in mind is the available space inside the car. If you have a big family, it is advised to pick a Kia car of the van variety for maximum space.
- The ride and handling of the vehicle. Some Kia cars are good in cornering and turning; other Kia cars may not achieve the same quality when handling. Test each car to find which one handles the best in a particular situation. For example, newer models manufactured by Kia offer good handling in terms of cornering.
- The performance of the vehicle. You can choose the type of engine when purchasing your Kia car. Try to select the engine with the most value for your money. Go for an engine that pushes the acceleration and top speed of your car, if that's what you want.
- Running costs of the vehicle. Pay attention to the cost of the gas being consumed by the car. Some Kia cars may use up less fuel than others, so check out the MPG rating. Also, take note of the devaluation rate of the car. Choose a Kia car that does not lose its value quickly.
- Reliability of the vehicle. Note that newer models manufactured by Kia are more reliable, but also tend to be more expensive. A positive in new Kia cars is that they come with an unlimited mileage warranty, increasing the durability of the car. Note that used Kia cars may not come with a warranty upon purchase.
- Safety. Consider the score of the car on the standard crash tests conducted by automotive agencies worldwide. Check for airbags.
- Equipment add-ons. Think about the additional features of the car such as the air-con, electric windows, lights, door mirrors, and other features, which add to the functionality of the vehicle. Note that older models of Kia cars may feature a limited number of features.