A Land Rover is the most suitable car for driving rough terrains. This is the reason why it has become a popular choice among drivers who frequent the outback. As durable and reliable as a Land Rover may seem, there will still come a time when its parts need to be repaired. When the parts are damaged beyond repair, replacement is the only solution.
Getting replacement parts for a Land Rover is not a difficult task. All you need to know is where and how to find them. Here are some things you should remember in finding parts for a Land Rover:
- Know what part needs to be replaced. If the damaged part is obvious, then, you will not have the problem of guessing what part should be replaced. However, if the damaged part is under the hood of your Land Rover and you are not that familiar with auto parts, you may need to seek the help of an auto mechanic.
- Contact your local Land Rover dealer. Talk to the parts department representative and ask for a quotation of the part that you need. If you are not sure where your local Land Rover dealer is, you may check out www.lrfaq.org. The site has a list of Land Rover parts dealers, restorers, and vehicle sellers in Africa, Australia, Canada, Denmark, the Philippines, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Go visit an automobile parts supplier in your area. Chances are, the parts that you need are cheaper to purchase here than from your local Land Rover dealer. You may even get to haggle for a better deal. Nevertheless, make sure that what you are buying is suited for your Land Rover. Ask about warranty too before purchasing a replacement part.
- Find a Land Rover parts supplier online. This is a very convenient option for you to find the Land Rover part that you need. Browse through the supplier's online catalogue and look for the part that you need. Wholesalelandparts.com is an example of an online supplier. Contact them and ask for a quotation. Shipping is free for orders above $50. Be sure that you are ordering the correct part as a 20% restocking fee is applied for returned parts.
- Replace the damage part with your new purchase. You will be able to save a few hundred dollars by installing the new part yourself. If you don't feel confident about doing it yourself, find a mechanic to help you do the job. It would also help if you have a friend who is knowledgeable on Land Rover parts to oversee the work.
Buying a Land Rover does not end with the purchase alone. Just like in any other investment, you should prepare yourself with a budget for repairs and maintenance works. You should also be doing some basic research on how to take care of your Land Rover. Doing this will help you save time and money in keeping your Land Rover in shape.