Proper maintenance of your car is one thing that you should do in order to keep it in good condition. This does not only go for the interior parts of the car but for the exterior parts too. It is good to wash your car at least once a week. To keep your car looking shiny and new, you must polish it. You can make use of a car buffer to make the job easier for you.
Read and follow the instructions provided below to know how to high speed polish your car:
- Materials you need. The materials you need for this activity are car wax, soap for the car, old cotton towels, a hose and a car buffer. You can find these from your local auto shop.
- Preparation. Place your car in your garage or somewhere where it will not be hit by direct sunlight. Leaving the car under the sun can damage the paint on your car. Before polishing your car, the first thing you have to do is clean it. This will remove all the dust, dirt and other small particles that are stuck on your car. Allow the car to dry before you proceed with the next steps.
- Apply wax on your car. Squeeze a small amount of wax on the surface of your car. Use the buffer to spread the wax on the surface. For this step, you should only use a slow setting for the buffer since you are just spreading the wax on the surface of the car. Do this until you have covered the car with wax. Let the wax set on your car for a while and let it dry.
- Buff your car. You can turn the buffer on using medium speed and go over the entire surface. This will buff the car and polish the surface. Do not worry if the car does not achieve the shine that you want since you will still be buffing for a second time.
- High speed polishing. After buffing in medium speed, apply another coat of wax to the surface of the entire car. Allow it to dry. Turn on your buffer and set it on the highest speed possible. Buff your car on high speed and go over the entire surface of your car. You will see that the car is shinier now. While you are doing this, be careful not to apply pressure on the buffer so that you won’t get scratches on the surface of your car.
- Wipe off streaks. When you are done, check the surface of your car for some streaks. If you see some streaks, you can manually wipe them off using the old cotton towels that you have. Make sure the towels are clean when you do this.
These are the steps that you can follow so that you can high-speed polish your car. You can finish this job under an hour. Now you can take care of the exterior of your car without having to go to the automotive shop.