Driving with headlights that do not work is illegal and is also dangerous at nighttime. After a few years, you might find the headlights of your Ford truck become dimmer and dimmer. This means that it is time to replace the headlights. You do not need to bring your truck to the auto shop to do this. You can install your headlights by yourself. Follow the instructions below to know how you can install a Ford truck headlight.
Here are the instructions that you can follow if you want to install a Ford truck headlight:
- Remove old headlight. The first thing you have to do is to remove the old headlight from your Ford truck. To do this, open the hood of your truck. Reach for the headlight assembly and look for the wires that are located at the back. Pull back the cover at the back and you should see the screws. Release the headlight assembly and disconnect it from the wires. To remove the bulb, turn it counterclockwise.
- Place bulb in assembly. Get your new headlight bulb. You can remove the plastic assembly from the rest of the headlight assembly so that you can screw in the light bulb first. To do this, grip the plastic and twist it counterclockwise. This should remove the plastic from the frame. Get your headlight bulb and screw it on the socket. You need to use hand gloves when you handle the light bulb. Now that you have placed the light bulb, you can return the plastic back into place.
- Put back assembly. Place back the headlight assembly where you removed it from. Make sure that you put it close enough so that you can easily connect all the wires that you have removed earlier from the old headlight. After installing the wires, snap the headlight assembly back in place.
- Secure the headlight assembly. Secure the headlight assembly by using the bolts that came with the new headlight. The next step is to secure it in place using the lock from the Ford truck. You will see this near the headlight. Just push down the lock until you hear a click. This means that the new headlight is securely in place.
- Splash guard. Some headlight assemblies come with their own splash guard for protection. If the new headlight you have has one, install it by putting it above the assembly. You can secure it down over the headlight assembly by using the screws that came with it.
These are the steps that you can follow if you want to install a Ford truck headlight. Now you do not have to worry about dimming headlights. Make sure that you replace the headlights and other lights on your vehicle before they die down so that you will be safe on the road. If you do this repair on your own, you won’t need to bring your Ford truck to the auto mechanic just to have the headlights replaced.