Two of the most important components in a vehicle are the auto mirror and the lights. Surely, you already know how significant the turn signal mirrors are. So in cases where they come defective, you don’t need to think twice about replacing them.
If you worry about doing the replacement, would you believe that you can do it in your very own garage? Yes, you can make it your do-it-yourself project for the weekend. To guide you in the installation of this important signal mirror, you can follow these steps:
- Disassemble the sideview mirror first. To be able to do this, you need to push the safety mirror from the vehicle to dislocate its ball-and-socket. When the vehicle mirror is out of its place, you will see the clips that hold the front cover. If you push the clips with a screwdriver, the front cover will be released. Once this is done, it is time to remove the inside door trim of the vehicle. After this, you can detach the mirror from the door. Be extra keen to details here because this will be the same exact way you will install the new ones, just in an opposite approach.
- Connect the wires to the body. From the mirror hinge’s center hole, run the wire to the door and down to the car conduit. Remember to work on two wires here.
- Connect the wires to the headlights. From the conduit where the wires are now in, you can position the wires at the rear of the front quarter panel and to the engine area. Surprisingly, the wires will emerge near the headlights.
- Tap the wires in the turn signal. Using t-tap connectors, assemble the connectors to the wires you just routed. After this, you can connect it to the t-taps.
- Attach the turn signal. You can now connect the wires you assembled to the turn signal system. This is actually the last part of the wiring process. However, before you connect everything, try your turn signal system out to identify whether or not you have paired the wires correctly.
- Reassemble all parts in place. Now that everything is taken care of, you can tape all of the wires in place. After making sure that all wires are secured, you can assemble every part again. Remember how you disassembled everything earlier? Work in the opposite direction, and you will surely not be lost. You know it is done when you have made the final step, which is placing the mirror cover in place.
With these steps, there are no more excuses in not installing a new safety mirror with turn signals on your vehicle. Whether it is for replacement or for decoration purposes, the electric mirror including its turn signal capacity deserves to have a place on the vehicle.
However, in cases you think you cannot do this, you can always seek help from a professional mechanic. Or, you can ask a friend to help you out with the process. So now that you purchased an auto mirror with signal lights, feel free to do it yourself.