Everyone who is a car owner has experienced car trouble at one time or another. One extremely frustrating thing that can happen to you is when you have a drained battery. People now have gotten a lot smarter, and a lot of people now carry jump boxes in the trunks of their cars. This is very helpful because you don’t have to depend on a stranger to help you jump start your car, and you don’t have to call anyone for help.
Jump boxes are very handy, but before you can put them to use, you must know how to jump start your car using the jump box. This is done in just a few easy steps.
- Open the hood and secure it in an open position with the hood prop rod.
- Locate your battery under the hood.
- Now it’s time to connect the jump box cables to the battery of your car. First, connect the red (or positive) cable to the red (or positive) battery post on your car by clamping it securely on the post.
- Connect the black (or negative) cable to the black (or negative) battery post on your car or a clean ground (metal) area of your car by clamping it securely.
- Wait for about a minute or two, then start your car.
- Once your car is successfully jump started, remove the black (or negative) cable from your battery first.
- Next, remove the red (or positive) cable from your car battery.
- Release the hood prop rod from the hood and secure it in its proper place.
- Close the hood securely.
These aren’t difficult instructions, and anyone can successfully jump start a car with a jump box. However, it’s very important to follow the instructions in the exact order for safety reasons. It’s also important not to let the positive and negative cables touch one another, as this can produce a spark, and you’re risking injury.
As long as you follow these steps in the correct order, it’s very safe and easy to jump start your car using a jump box and a lot more convenient than getting someone else involved.