Getting people to notice your business can be difficult. You may need to pay for advertisement campaigns, which combined with the other costs of running a business can put a dent in your budget. However, there are some methods and styles of advertising which you can do for free. Here are some options and guidelines to consider in advertising your business for free.
Public Relations Method
You should make connections with your potential customers. This means taking advantage of opportunities of any form of publicity for your business. You should create an impression to the public that your business is the best in that particular field. Also, do not create a bad public image about your business, as this will make an impression on potential customers and will definitely affect sales. There are many types of activities which build up the image of the business to the public. Some of them are:
- Issuing press releases. By issuing press releases, you can attract customers to special events related to your business. You can promote the opening of your business while also explaining to the public some of the features or innovations of your business. You can also invite the media to special exhibits in order to get a good review of your business printed.
- Supporting community events or other public gatherings. You should always advertise for events where there are a large number of people. These people are all potential customers to your business. Always make sure that you have signs, flyers, handouts and other forms of advertisement displayed at these events.
- Participating in special public occasions. Some public occasions are holidays. You can advertise your business while keeping with the theme or the mood of the holiday. Also consider things such as the time of year or the current mood of the public when advertising.
- Joining and attending relevant local organizations. You should join these organizations as they are another form of creating connections which helps you in advertising your business. You should have your business cards available for distribution in organization meetings. You should also volunteer for humanitarian work as this boosts the public image of your business as an enterprise which helps the less fortunate.
- Public speaking. You should volunteer as a guest speaker to seminars, public meetings, or radio/television shows. These guestings give you a chance to further promote your product while also boosting the image of your business.
- Sponsoring local activities. Your business can sponsor local events or clubs such as sporting events, theater clubs, etc. They may cost you some money, but it is very cheap and will give the public image that your business supports local sports, arts and culture.
The Personal Sales Method
You can also use a simple word of mouth method in promoting your business. You can talk to all customers as a way of promoting your business, hopefully creating the opportunity for them to refer others to your business. You should always satisfy your customers so that they will have good things to say about your business. You should deal accordingly with dissatisfied customers so that they will still have a good impression about your business. Always remember that your business reputation is the key in drawing in potential customers, which increases your sales.