Closed circuit television, or CCTV, is a video security system that utilizes surveillance cameras that send signals to your PC or a CCTV monitor. The CCTV system is used to monitor the movement of people in shopping malls, banks, government facilities, homes and most often on business premises.
CCTV cameras installed on your office or business premises are an effective way to add to your existing security system. There are several types of CCTV cameras with various features for sale at affordable prices. CCTV camera models can be for indoor or outdoor use. There are models that include vandal proof cameras, dome cameras, bullet cameras, hidden cameras and pan-tilt-zoom cameras as well. Some models have specific functions as night vision cameras, infrared security cameras and wireless cameras.
Depending on your type of business, the benefits you gain vary in using a CCTV security surveillance system. Installing several cameras in strategic locations enables the security staff to monitor your business premises and observe the movement of customers as well as the employees. A CCTV camera on your business premises not only helps protect your property by regularly monitoring and recording footage of activities but it also deters potential criminals from attempting criminal misdeeds. Businesses usually install CCTV cameras for the following reasons:
- Prevent any kind of loss through theft, burglary, or shoplifting. Security cameras installed serve to deter shoplifters from stealing in stores, shops or malls.
- Monitor cases of vandalism or other minor criminal acts. Potential criminals hesitate to commit crimes if they see security cameras installed that can spot and record their actions. Security cameras outdoors can prevent the defacement of store walls with graffiti and posters.
- Discourage harassment at the workplace and the misuse of office supplies and equipment.
- Keep track of the entry and exit of people to and from the office building, elevator, on loading docks, parking garages and remote areas of a warehouse or plant.
- Monitor the premises during and after office hours to log in transactions at an ATM or cash register, or overlook dressing rooms.
- Monitor the progress of on going work at construction sites and provide help for supervisors and managers to decide on unexpected events that may cause delays in the completion of the project.
- Maintain video recording footage of events that can possibly be used in resolving conflicts in case of employee disputes filed.
- Help solve security related requirements in filing cases or conducting investigations. The CCTV cameras record videos and capture images that can later be helpful in identifying an intruder.
- Secure added benefits from insurance companies of up to 20% in reduced liability premiums. Since a complete security system has been installed, insurance companies can offer a better insurance coverage.
In many major cities, since the installation of more CCTV cameras in streets and establishments, police have reported a 50% decline in break-ins and robberies. Business owners have also reported that theft by employees and customers have nearly been eliminated since the installation of the appropriate hidden night vision cameras, infrared security cameras, or zoom and wireless cameras in their establishments. Businesses selling video security systems, CCTV monitors, poles, and power supply items are easily available in affordable prices.