Point of sale is defined as the area in a shop where the sales transaction occurs. Point of sale is also referred to as the checkout. The cashier uses a cash register to check out the items and a receipt is then given to the customer. There are different point of sale software programs that are used for this transaction.
Here are some of the best point of sale programs that are available:
- Merchant OS. Merchant OS is a point of sale program that also provides a solution for inventory control. This is a software retail business program that will help you keep track of all sales transactions, purchase orders, work orders and customers. This is an online software that can be accessed through the web browser. This makes it better than other point of sale software as you do not need to be worried if your computer crashes. Merchant OS is a system that can be purchased for about $50 to $100 a month.
- Retail Plus. This point of sale software is best for businesses that are new to the market. Some of the features of Retail Plus are its being easy to use, secure and modern. This program can also be considered a discount software as it has a feature of applying automatic discounts to preferred clients. The software is also useful for inventory purposes and also for keeping a database of the clients.
- Imonggo. Imonggo is a web-based point of sale system that will aid you in retail management. You can manage your inventory, keep tabs on sales analysis, improve your customer relationships and manage your whole business. Imonggo is ideal for both small and big businesses. You can sign up on the Imonggo website for free if you have a small business. There is also a premium membership that will cost you $30 per month. This is ideal for consignment inventory and for bigger businesses.
- CyberMatrix Point of Sale–Retail Sales Management Software. This software is best used for retail sales management. It can operate on a Windows based computer and has a receipt printer. You can also choose to have a bar code scanner and a cash tray to go with the software. This is a great solution for keeping track of inventory. The program has a simple interface that is easy to use.
- Retail Pro. Retail Pro is considered one of the best point of sale programs that are available. This software is used in over 50,000 retail stores. This software will bring your business more profit as it is an efficient tool that provides solutions to retail problem areas. Retail Pro comes with a point of sale computer, and LCD touch screen monitor, a receipt printer, a barcode scanner, a cash drawer and a 3-year warranty.
These are some of the best point of sale software that are available in the market. They all have different features, so sure to check if the point of sale software is adequate to address all your individual business requirements.