Even during an economic downturn when you expect everyone to scrimp on what is not essential, some products still remain steadfast in the game. How do they do that? Obviously, it is creative marketing that makes it work. Instead of cutting back on investment on brand recognition, it is best for a business owner to strengthen the brand with creative marketing strategies at a not so expensive marketing budget.
To make creative marketing work for your business, here are some things you should consider first:
- Remain true to your brand. Remember the business you are in in the first place. Focus on continuing to educate your customers on your brand's ideals. The more that it touches their emotions, the better because customers love that. Your Unique Selling Propositions should be measurable and believable. Take for example FedEx's "Absolutely. Positively. Overnight." slogan.
- Make small changes that deliver big results. You do not need to use a big chunk of your advertising budget to improve your sales. In fact, you will just need to make minimal changes. For example, instead of just printing out one-sided business cards, you can print out and promote your company's services on the other side of the card. You can also look for other establishments that you can hook up for newsletter article exchanges. Another strategy is to offer additional services to your customer in exchange for more items.
- Offer product packages. With product packages, you offer your customers more options and give them value for their money. You will be able to get more customers since there are packages that will suit their budget. It is best to have at most three packages to choose from so as not to confuse your customers.
- Make copywriting for your product powerful enough. Make it real and believable so as not to turn off customers. The language that you use in your advertisement should be appropriate and easy to understand. Use the second person style in writing to better engage your customers in what you are trying to offer. Remember to highlight not just the features of your product but the actual benefits that your customers can get out of it.
- Put your creative ideas into action. Apply what your creative juices have developed. Your creative marketing strategy may not be unique to your product at first but you can customize it as you go along with the development of the plan. To be able to come up with an effective creative marketing strategy, you should not be afraid to go out of your way and be as different and appealing as possible.
Creative marketing strategies do wonders for a business. Some strategies may be classic and some may be outrageous; you can learn how to effectively implement these strategies by taking online classes in marketing. The key to a successful creative marketing strategy is customer recall. At this day and age, customers are now ready to accept even the most out of this world marketing ploy. Even with a small advertising budget, marketing efforts will be successful as long as they are creative and well thought of.