Isn’t it intriguing that sometimes we go through extremes just to keep our homes clean and organized, but we always overlook the fact that we also need to have a clean, organized, and happy workplace? Have you ever tried to think of organizing your messed up desk so that the next time you look for that missing report buried in piles of cluttered papers, you won’t have much of a hard time? If you still haven’t, then now is the best time to reassess your situation. Take a long, deep look at your desk and consider the following tips on how are you going to arrange your office desk accessories:
- Evaluate first. Before going into the arduous task of organizing your workplace, you need to evaluate its location, including those of the windows and doors. Be sure that you can get around easily. When moving things, be sure that you can get out quickly.
- Decide what furniture you’ll use. Additional pieces of furniture in your workplace could be of great help in organizing your office things. If you have only a desk chair and office table, then you might as well consider buying either a desk hutch or a wood desk for a more efficient storage purpose. A white computer desk also serves the same purpose while giving a better place for your desktop PC. If you are trying to be minimalist and fashionable with your workplace but still want that efficiency, then you could very well consider having a contemporary desk, instead.
- Be economical. This might come as common sense but choosing which are among your office accessories are non-essential could take you a while. If you don’t need a file cabinet, then you can move it to the storage room. Oftentimes, what a workplace basically needs includes an ergonomic chair, a table, a desk lamp, personal computer and a corkboard for calendar and schedules. A good table is that which gives you enough storage space for your paper works so that they won’t be scattered all over your workplace. Of course, you don’t want them cluttered, do you? You might not know it but one of those might be your ticket towards your next promotion, and you don’t want it missing when the time comes. Furthermore, if you’ve got that nice, efficient table, you won’t have to bother to buy another piece of furniture for your things.
- Always think about your safety. When arranging your office furniture, always see to it that you have an open pathway to exit. Being trapped in your desk is not the best place to work in.
- Be creative. Aside from choosing what office accessories are the best and economical, you also have to plan for how are you going to make it a nice and cozy workplace. One thing you can do is to bring a plant – could be a flower, a bonsai, or what not – for in this way, you could keep a relaxing atmosphere. You could also put pictures of your loved ones so that when your work gets you a lot more stressed than it used to be, a quick glance at the happy, smiling faces of your loved ones could give that gloomy face of yours with a warm, cheerful glow.