If you own a used bookstore, you might find it a bit difficult to get customers to come in and check all the good books that you sell. For you to get more customers inside your shop, you can do some things that will get the customers interested in the items that you are selling. Some of these techniques will surely attract customers in your used bookstore.
Here are some of the tips that you can use in order to bring in customers to a used bookstore:
- Advertise. For any business, one of the most important thing that has to be focused on is the advertising. Advertise your used bookstore. You can do this by placing ads on the local newspaper or having a radio station advertise for you. You can also ask your friends and relatives to tell their friends about your used bookstore. This will surely bring in some visitors to your shop.
- Shop hours. One thing you can do to improve your business is to open your shop early in the morning and close it late at night. Consider the amount of people who walk by your shop on their way to work every morning. They might spend a few minutes browsing your used bookstore. Closing late at night will also allow the customers to check out your bookstore on their way home from work.
- Provide workshops. You can offer workshops in your used bookstore so that you can bring in more customers. Some of the workshops that you can conduct are writing workshops, book clubs and other forms of workshops that may interest book lovers and some of the passersby. You can set them at a minimal fee at first and just increase the price when there are already more customers who are interested in the workshops.
- Sales. Have sales once in a while. This will surely attract the customers into your shop. You might even find some of the customers buy several books in one purchase. The trick here is to provide a big sign outside your window that will interest the buyers. You may want to display a table outside the shop where some of the people can easily browse the selection of books that you offer.
- Coffee shop. Another thing that you can add to your used bookstore in order to gain more customers is include a simple coffee shop in it. Allow the readers to browse the books in your store while they are cozy sipping coffee. By doing this, you might even find some loyal customers that will help you improve your business.
Here are some of the tips that you can use in order for you to increase the number of customers that enter your used bookstore. Of course, you have to consider your competition. You must place your used bookstore in a strategic place where you do not have any other competition. If you do have competition, think of some other ways in which you can make your used bookstore better than the other.