First of all, what is a sell sheet? A sell sheet is a brochure that gives information about your product or company. This sell sheet should answer a typical customer’s questions, such as what products or services you are offering (the more specific, the better), how this could benefit them, how much they would need to pay for it, and how they will find and contact you. With all this information, it is still important to present it in a concise and to-the-point manner, to retain your potential customer’s interest.
With that being said, what are some ways to effectively create a sell sheet? Read on:
- Remember what a sell sheet is. Basically, a sell sheet is more technical than an ordinary flier or marketing brochure, since it will include technical information regarding the product or service. If you were selling shoes, for example, there will be some information regarding the available sizes, colors, codes and prices.
- Include pictures. The typical customer is visual, so make sure that apart from the information you would also include pictures that are representative of your products/services.
- Have a catchy tagline. Remember, the sell sheet is very short and concise, and so your goal is to have a short tagline that will nevertheless capture attention. At this point you can choose to hire a professional copywriter, if you don’t yet have a tagline for your company.
- Download some useful formats. To help you with your formatting, you could download available sell sheet formats available online. You could try out the one available at okidata.com.
- Know if it’s time to hire a professional. In the area of marketing, sometimes image is what makes or breaks your business. That’s why it might be a wise investment to hire a professional copywriter (as mentioned in number 3) or a professional graphic designer who will design the lay-out of your sell sheet. Remember, you are trying to convince your buyers to purchase your product through that piece of paper, so you might as well try your best to get their approval. On the other hand, if you feel that you have enough artistic talent to come up with your own design for your sell sheet, by all means, do so. You have a lot of allies in the form of computer applications and other forms of technology that will definitely make your work a lot easier. And after all, you’re the one who knows the best about your company. Here’s a tip: check for the best color combinations, and remember that even if design is very important you’d still want to make sure that the text is highly readable and that the designs and pictures don’t distract you from the information. And remember this: if you truly believe in your company and the products/ services that it offers, it will be much easier for you to convince other people to believe the same thing.
- But do hire a professional printer. For the most effective sell sheet, you’d need full-color printing and high-quality, heavyweight paper. Avoid glossy paper, since it could result in messy prints and fingerprints.
There you have it! These are just some of the ways to create a sell sheet. Just remember, that your sell sheet is there to help you sell your product, so it’s best to spare no pains to making sure it turns out excellently! Good luck!