With the help of Zlio, it is now very easy for you to have your own online store for free. Within minutes, you can have it filled with your products and would be good to roll out within the day. Inventory is taken cared of since your products from sites such as Buy.com are all linked together. At the end of the day, it does not matter from which merchant site you are selling your items since from your Zlio store; the user will be redirected to the merchant store, anyway. Plus, there’s also the (up to) 10% commission on your sold items.
You can also go ahead and be creative with your site since there are a number of pre-designed templates for you to choose from. You can also use your own logos and color schemes.
- Internet connection
- 3Some imagination
- A little bit of extra time
Follow the steps below and see how simple it is to have your own e-store.
- Create your account. Log on to zlio.com
- Sign up. You can use your Facebook account to sign up to Zlio. If not, you can also sign up by filling in the required information from this page. This page is automatically linked to their “Create my Store” tab in the Zlio website. Once you are done filling in the appropriate information, select the Register button. A validation email will be sent to the email address you used for registration in less than 10 minutes.
Go to your email account and verify the information from there. Make sure that you also fill in your profile and payment information in the report panel area.
- Look around the Internet. Researching for what sells is an important task to ensure the success of your Zlio store. One quick tip is to look for markets that have a high demand but low in supply. This often means NOT the mainstream market but finding your own niche. There will be less potential customers but these few customers will have a higher tendency to buy your items. Another tip is to look for collector’s item or limited edition supplies. Again, this is the same strategy wherein you try to supply what is commonly a scarce commodity.
- Think, think, think! Now you need to have a good strategy in place in ensuring your own success. This is where your spare time and imagination comes in. Try to think of a specific audience who are willing to shell out a few extra bucks just to get what they want or need. This may mean expectant mothers, movie fanatics, or avid collectors of specific items. Think of a catchy store name and some key descriptions that will help boost your rankings in the search engine result game. Adding a tag line to your store will help you be direct to the point and this will eventually make you easier to remember for your customers. Just remember to keep things short and simple, since long tag lines tend to be not read at all.
In making your own branding for your store, make sure that your site looks the part. Customize your CSS if necessary and make sure your logo reflects the nature of your business.
- Open it up! When you are done filling in your items, branding and store name, you can select the “Create a store” button. You can have as many as 20 different stores with a combined inventory of up to 1,000 items.
- Track your items via your inventory. In order to track your items well, categorize your items by name, brand, target customer, genre etc. essentially, make it easy for your future customers to find what they are looking for. Especially since this is an e-store, there is no one to help you find that item in aisle #7. Once you’ve set up your categories, input inventory to each of them. Go through the catalog to find specialty items that may be the jackpot to your target customer.
- Managing your store. Zlio has a feature of tracking just how much traffic your store gets. Make sure you are also up to date my regularly checking up on your inventory. You can also add a more professional feel to it by getting your own domain starting at $20.
- Show me the money! By signing up for Google Adsense, you can increase the traffic to your site. Essentially, Google Adsense allows you to place well-targeted ads on your site via Google. Adsense pays you on a PPC or on a Pay per Click basis. This means that every time a user clicks on the ad on your store, Google Adsense pays you a referral commission. Most of the Zlio users earn from this type of business.
- Promoting your own store. Of course, another way to make sure the world knows your e-store is by promoting it. There are a number of ways on how to create a buzz for your store. One of them is by submitting your URL to both the Google and Yahoo indexes. If you are ok with spending a little, then Google Adwords may be good for you. It guarantees traffic to your site at a minimal cost. Search for supplier directories and submit your entries there. Chatrooms, forums, message boards, Facebook, MySpace, on line classified ads and other community-oriented sites are an excellent way of spreading the word. Popular blogs that review items of a similar kind to what you are selling are also a good launch pad.
Once you start getting cash, do not stop! Continue as if you haven’t earned anything at all so that your store will snow ball in your dough. Soon, you will reap all the fruits of your labor from just a simple estore.