If you are doing daily invoices that require the same format and equations, creating your own template is the way to go about it. Doing it manually can be tedious and time consuming. It can also give you more room for error. Having a preset format not only for invoice purposes but also for all your much needed reports would greatly help you save time, effort and mistakes. It is basically like automating your system only you are the one who is doing all the arranging. As soon as you have a template, all you have to do is to input the raw data and just let the document compute it for you. It can be a bit confusing to create your own equations but you will soon get used to it. To learn more about how to create your own invoice template, here are some helpful guidelines that you need to follow.
- The first thing you need to do is create a new document in Microsoft Excel. You can easily do this by going to your start menu, then click on Microsoft Office and choose Microsoft Excel.
- As soon as there is a blank spreadsheet in front of you, start by creating a title for your template. Do not worry about your preferred fonts, you can do it later.
- Now, plan the body of your template. You have to determine the things that you need to input, the number of rows and columns.
- The next thing that you should do is to create a table. Label the rows and columns appropriately. Date, payment received, subject are good examples of categories.
- For obtaining the total, enter an equation in a cell. If you are unsure of what to do, it is highly advisable that you read the help manual that is included in the help menu.
- When you are done, it is extremely important that you double check everything. Start adjusting the columns and you can now change the fonts to your preferred style.
- Check if the preset equation is working by entering random numbers on the constituted cells. When the outcome is correct, then you are all set and your template is ready to use.
Now that you know how to make your own template, all that is left is to start inputting those real time numbers. Just make sure that you double check all equations and formats. You have to ensure that everything is correct. It is highly advisable that you take your time when you are making this. Do not rush or hurry in what you are doing. Be fastidious about your headings, formats and especially your equations. It is very important that you produce a simple template that is easy to understand not only by you but it should be comprehensible to everybody as well. As soon as you decide that you will create your own format, it is best that you schedule it, make it a part of your day so that you will not be disturbed. This way, you can easily focus. Good luck!