The work environment is an important element that affects the level of productivity at the office. It greatly affects your mood and behavior. It is vital in helping you go through your day’s work with ease and efficiency. If you are faced with a messed up room filled with high stacks of files and disorganized equipment, then it’s high time that you practice proper decluttering techniques.
1. Prepare the things you need. Don’t go to war without the needed weaponry. Use the reliable tandem of a shredder and trash bags to get rid of papers with personal files. Prepare storage boxes where you can place records that you might need for future affairs. Get the adequate amount of cleaning supplies and organizing tools to come up with a spic and span work space.
2. Learn the art of sorting. As you begin your organizing chores visualize the office look that you want to attain. Throw away flyers and papers that you do not need. If a storage space is not available call on your creative side to decorate boxes that are suitable for your desired office theme. Organize files that you frequently utilize in an area where you have easy access.
3. Maximize your desk space. Avoid putting unnecessary items on your desk. Decide accordingly on whether you have to put things on your desk or your drawer can house them. Label your organizing tools to gain easy access to documents and supplies you need.
- Choose a sturdy desk organizer with sufficient compartments to accommodate your office supplies like pens, scissors, and envelopes. Get a design that will blend well with your office design and furniture.
- If you have trouble with bank statements, notes, and documents scattered all over your desk then you might want to get a stack tray. It has two handles by the side which allows you to carry it when needed.
- A rolling cart is the answer for your storage requisites. It facilitates for convenient movement of files and documents from one place to another.
4. Drawers are not your enemy. Put an end to the time and effort wasted in search of your lost pen, clip, or gadget. Make use of drawer organizers to make your office life more enjoying and colorful. The varying divisions and slot sizes allow you to personalize the storage space at hand.
5. Keep those cords tamed. Offices cannot be complete without the presence of computers, printers, copiers, and other equipment which means that there can be cords dangling all over your place. Provide a safe work environment for you and your colleagues by tapping on the service of these three items.
- You can rely on a cable zipper to keep your wires from being entangled plus it can be cut to any length which makes it easier to manage your cords.
- A cable turtle can remedy your excess cabling conflicts. It is made of plastic or rubber and has an opening on the center which allows it to be attached to cable winders giving you the opportunity to use it almost everywhere.
- Avoid unplugging mistakes that lead to devastating loss of your current work. Labels can be placed on your wires. They can help you identify your cables even in the darkest and most remote spot on your work area.
Decluttering your office can help relieve the stress of everyday responsibilities. It allows you to bring out your innovative juices thus keeping you on a positive note for the rest of your day.