Starting a new business or upgrading your coffee shop, automotive shop, barbershop or a beauty salon can be very expensive. Make sure you purchase the right shop equipment you need to provide the basic services you will offer to easily get the return on your investment.
If you are opening a salon, there is basic salon equipment you should have to offer full salon services. This salon equipment includes manicure tables, pedicure stations, shampoo systems, shampoo chairs, styling chairs, hair dryers, styling stations, and floor mats. Keep in mind that your beauty shop’s image is everything. Some customers determine the quality of service based on the salon’s look. Consider the type of clients you want to attract. If you prefer to charge just the minimal rates for your services, then purchase beauty salon equipment that is simple and functional.
Below is a list of some manufacturers, suppliers and distributors where you can find quality brand new or used beauty shop equipment to choose from:
- Keller International is known to design and manufacture barber and salon equipment and furniture. Purchasing from them could mean discounted factory-direct prices. You can get details about their inventory and contact information from kellerinternational.com
- SalonFurniture.com offers quality beauty salon equipment aimed at servicing high-end clients willing to pay high-end prices for quality manicures, pedicures, and haircuts. You can contact them through SalonFurniture.com or call 800-345-2924.
- DaytonaBeauty.com is a good online resource for beauty and barber equipment. They offer competitive prices online or through personal services at: daytonabeauty.com
- Nationwide Beauty & Barber Supply carries a variety of products used in the beauty industry including stations, styling chairs, mats, shelving, reception desks and custom salon furniture. Their website allows all day shopping online. The company also publishes a bi-monthly catalog that can be requested online, and is released for mail orders. A DYO or Design Your Own service for salon furniture allows the client to customize your salon’s look.
- Manta.com has a directory of over 6,455 beauty salon and barber shop supplies and equipment companies posted online. The list contains the company profiles and has links to information about small and medium size businesses and research reports.
- HairSite.com provides one of the most extensive lists of Hair Salon Furniture and Equipment companies. Their online directory has the name of the company, a short description of what products and services the company offers, and the link to the company’s website. You can look at the directory at hairsite.com
For new coffee shop, automotive shop, barbershop or beauty salon operators working on a budget, you do not necessarily have to buy all brand new equipment. There is used equipment on the market that can do the same job but at friendly prices. Some used equipment even has brand names but are less expensive than the new items. You will just have to spend time to search for great deals at equipment shops or in websites selling used equipment. The money you save buying used equipment can be used to purchase other equipment you may still need.