A cleaning home business can be a profitable venture you can engage in on a full time or part-time basis. Since you own your business, you need not worry about answering to a boss since you are your own boss. However, like many other businesses, finding clients can be a difficult challenge due to the heavy competition that comes with the territory. Fortunately, there are some basic strategies that you can employ to ensure that you get a good amount of customers and clients that will sustain your venture. Here are some of those strategies.
- Research and planning. Like any other business venture, success starts with some detailed researching and planning. Study the intricacies of the business including the market costs and your competition. You must learn the different services that you can offer to your target market as well. Planning your marketing strategy and budget will be an essential part of your success so make sure to take your time to figure out the best approach. Finalize all these down in a business plan that will become your guide to how you will run the business and the things that you will need to set it up.
- Advertise and market your business. The best ways to find clients once you start up your home cleaning business is by being aggressive with marketing via advertisements. Based on your budget, get some ads up in various community and local publications such as newspapers, community newsletters, and magazines. Local radio and TV ads would boost the effort much more so make some room in the budget for these. Handing out flyers at your local supermarket and malls would be a wise choice to start marketing as well. Make sure to include your rates and the specific cleaning services that you are offering.
- Use the Internet. The Internet is now one of the best places to advertise and look for clients. Start off by creating a simple website to serve as your digital business card in the World Wide Web. If you have the budget for it, make sure to place some advertising banners on relevant websites and blogs that consistently get tons of traffic relevant to your home cleaning niche. Use the power of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to market your website and services. If you can get your hands on leads with email addresses generated by marketing companies, doing a mass email marketing blast would do well to get your business out there.
- Word of mouth. The best marketing tool is to get people to refer other people to your business. Start with your family and friends and ask them to refer the people that they know that need your services to use your services. The same goes with first time customers. Provide a referral program wherein for each new business they bring in, they will get a discount on your services.
- Go door to door. Another effective way to get some clients quickly is to allocate some time and manpower and go door to door all around the homes in your neighborhood or area. Introduce your business and what you can do to each household and provide your contact number so that they can call you when the need arises.
Make sure that the services you provide are topnotch to ensure loyal patronage. If possible, try to offer services not commonly offered by your competitors such as eco-friendly home cleaning solutions and the like.