For purposes of marketing, sales, customer retention, client relationships, management, and business administration among others, a membership list is particularly imperative. A membership list, also referred to as a member list, account list, member directory, or membership database contains profiles or details (usually contact information) such as name, address, email address, and phone number of people who signed up for your program, cause, club, organization, marketing offer, and the like. Entrepreneurs know that a membership database is more than just a list of customers or prospective clients. It is an organized structure that can generate possible returns. While you can create a simple membership list on your own using an Excel template, you can also use available templates found on the Internet.
- Determine your purpose for building a membership list. If for instance your purpose is to create an inventory in order to have an instant list of people to whom you can send future marketing strategies like special offers or freebies, you will need to consider requiring more information other than your clients’ contact information. You will have to know what particular subjects they are interested in so you can send them marketing promotions that specifically appeal to them. Identifying your purpose will help you create not just a catalog of members but a database that will help you address your needs and eventually generate proceeds.
- Visit websites that offer ready membership list templates. Some sites will require you to identify yourself and sign up prior to viewing all the available templates. Signing up is usually free.
- Sign up with Microsoft Office Online. Microsoft Office Online can offer you vast resources for creating different kinds of templates including a membership list. Help and how-tos are also available on their site.
- Join community forums that discuss various kinds of templates. You can usually find this specific subject on many technical blogs where web designers, software developers, etc, come together to share tips and information regarding a host of subjects relative to computers, websites, software products, and the like. Forums can help you find links and more resources for templates that are not easily found on search engines.
- Refer to various search engines. Take time to visit each site offering templates and find the one that complements your purpose.
Another solution that is worth considering if you need to build a membership database is the Membership Script. It is software used by many people into Internet marketing that allows customer interface and is equipped with numerous features including but not limited to built-in web page builder and editor, navigation menu editor, unlimited custom pages, custom processors, unlimited mailing lists, built-in database backup system, built-in affiliates program, built-in membership comparison page, built-in private messaging system for members, built-in FAQ area with manager, unlimited auto-responder messages, password sharing prevention system, and of course unlimited templates to allow you to update or personalize your website anytime and as often as you want to. Investing in software that enables you to customize your membership list according to your organization’s requirements will definitely help you meet your targets and gain profits.