Small businesses work on tight cash flows and require the ability to garner resources at the least expensive cost. Besides this, the resources have to be of good quality. The supply should be timely and reliable. When commencing a business it is highly recommended to devote sufficient time and efforts to identify reliable suppliers.
Thanks to the Internet and its commercialization, a lot of the information on resources for running your business is available online. Prominent portals and free email service provider Google now offers services such as local.google.com that provides information on suppliers and vendors in the neighborhood of most urban areas.
Besides this, there are a few other online resources for that may be helpful for small businesses. Some are listed below:
- Look for online syndication of service providers such as ebay.com. These offer competitive prices for immediate purchase and for bidding in auctions as well.
- Search for online sellers who wish to sell only on wholesale basis, such as alibaba.com. You will notice a considerable difference between the price of products here and those charged by your retailer.
- Online stores such as amazon.com offer various products and deals that help save costs. There are a few similar suppliers online. Look up for those in your area to avail facilities of free shipping and delivery.
- If your business requires frequent travel, then the best deals for air and rail tickets are online. You can choose to book on the web site of a specific airline or through various online ticketing sites that are run by travel agents. The good news is that one can book bus and rail tickets as well. Online booking allows instant check-in, blocking of seats and other facilities, thereby reducing time spent on checking-in at the airports.
- Computer and office products suppliers dell.com and hp.com have special prices for shoppers online. This reduces their sales and marketing costs and the cost benefits are passed on to the customers.
- Besides making purchases online for supplies, every business manager should consider dealing with government agencies online. Almost all government and local civic agencies have implemented electronic governance projects that allow citizens to transact online. Regular tasks like payment of taxes, reports to the labor departments, health and safety office, Customs department and so on are all possible online now.
- Check websites of chambers for trade and commerce for project reports and other financial reports and information. These are cost-effective and helpful in making business decisions. The chambers are also known to regularly host various programs for the benefit of small and medium businesses and enterprises. Details will be available online.
So, go ahead and make the best use of the resources available online for the best benefits for your small business.