Founded in 1981, Outdoor Research (OR), Incorporated is a Seattle-based company that sells high-quality, all-weather, technically innovative, smartly designed, and environmentally-sound mountaineering, skiing, and great outdoors apparel, accessories, and products for men, women, and children. The brand's name is defined by the OR logo. It is one of the leading companies in the outdoor/adventure industry. Its best-selling products include gloves, mitts, boots, waterproof shells, tents, hoods, jackets, and sleeping bags to name a few. The company is a staunch supporter of the environment and while OR customers love it for its wide-range of categories, what makes OR stand out from the rest is their awesome infinite guarantee service.
To find Outdoor Research a.k.a. OR products:
1. Go to their website address: orgear.com
2. Join their Facebook account. Yes, OR is on Facebook! Sign up and become a fan! Add fellow OR fans to your network of friends by posting your comments and chatting up a storm! Get the latest updates on where the next OR retail store event will take place to get freebies and cool gear!
3. Sign up for the OR email newsletter: outdoorresearch.com and be up-to-date on the latest and the best from OR.
4. Find Outdoor Research dealers anywhere in the United States and Canada by clicking on this link: outdoorresearch.com
5. For customers living in the United Kingdom, OR is on retail in the following stores:
- Wildtrak Newcastle at 60-62 St Andrews Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 5SF and online: wildtrak.com
- Lakes Climber Ambleside at 3-4 Cheapside, Ambleside, Cumbria, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0AB lakesclimber.com
- Nevisport branches at Leeds, Fort William, Glasgow, Kendal, and Manchester, England and online: nevisport.com
- Outside - Hathersage at Main road, Hathersage, South Yorkshire , S30 1BB and online: outside.co.uk
6. For slightly-used, in great condition, and hard-to-find OR apparel, visit this link: cgi.ebay.com
7. Check out "The Happy Camper " online TV show and look for Kevin Callan's the Happy Camper Holiday Gift Guide which features gift suggestions from OR.
8. Find OR products and meet OR representatives in 2010. Join the annual OR-sponsored Vertfest global skiing event on March 6, 2010, Saturday from 7:30am - 4:30pm at Alpental, WA and the Summit For Someone event on April 1, 2010 by logging on to summitforsomeone.org. These OR-sponsored events are open to everyone.
9. Go to myallmountainaccess.com and get 15% off on all OR Gear.
10. For reviews and information about the OR Women's Essence Tee (T-Shirt), this website gives you an insider's take why this tee is a sensational must-have! fancy-green.com
11. In the United States and Canada, the full line of Outdoor Research classics and latest offerings are available at your local outdoor adventure and mountaineering shops and supplies store.
Outdoor Research products are also heavily advertised not only on the Internet but also on mainstream media, which includes TV, Radio, and print, as well as below-the-line mediums like billboards and fliers courtesy of their dealer partners. Outdoor Research is also heavily invested in on-the-ground campaigns like sporting events and retail promotions, which give the company the opportunity to get to know their fans and customers face-to-face. Whichever way you find your Outdoor Research product of choice, you can be assured that each one of its SKU is stamped with the unmistakable OR logo that symbolizes innovation, quality, protection, and value for money.