Drinking water is a very important commodity that is needed for survival, so a water delivery service is a great business idea that would definitely boom if managed correctly. In this article, you will become familiar with how to franchise water delivery services as well as how to start up your business in this field.
Here are the steps to franchising your own water delivery service:
- Research about the needs of your town or general area. How many water delivery stations are already present in your locality? Is there stiff competition in your area or can a newcomer like your potential company just jump into the mix and just go against more established companies in the process? Before committing to a business idea, it is very important to see how conducive the business climate is for the addition of a new player in the market. Knowing about these things could also help you on how much you can invest in your business as well as how much your initial production should be.
- Look up the various bottled water companies that are offering franchise packages. These companies are usually listed online and are present in almost every trade show in any state or city. Franchise owners are very aggressive in trying to corner various markets–especially in the suburban areas—since the battle for dominance in these locales is quite stiff. Once you have located two or more companies that offer franchise packages, try to compare the benefits of the packages along with the cost. The cost-benefit analysis should be a great help in deciding which package is the better option as far the business deal is concerned.
- Contact the company from whom you wish to buy the package. They will be more than willing to give you an instructional course on how the water filtration and water delivery system works within their company. This will help you gain sufficient knowledge and information that will be important in your future as an owner and manager of your own water delivery store. You should also be familiar with water dispensers, water coolers and other pure water facts that could be helpful in your future line of work.
- Make sure that you have the minimum requirements for the franchise. You may need to buy certain equipment like water dispensers and transport units to be able to operate at the level that franchising company wants you to work. You might also be required to either own or lease the business space where you will run your business. This will be very important since the bulk of the capital will be going to the expenses in this step.
- Marketing. Once all the things are ready, just get the word out in your town and neighborhood that your newest water delivery station is opening. Make sure that you invite people to the launch to generate the necessary buzz for your establishment.
Water is an essential part of everyone’s lives. With concern these days on whether tap water is safe and potable to drink, a water delivery business might be a good way to help society and earn a good living at the same time.