One of the most in-demand businesses today is opening a daycare center. With the present condition of the economy, some households need to have both parents working in order to make ends meet. This leaves the children home alone. If you are planning to open a daycare center in your area, you have to get licensed first. Follow the steps provided below to know how you can be licensed to open a daycare center.
Here are the steps that you can follow if you want to get licensed to open a daycare center:
- Do your research. Research what you need to do in order for you to run a daycare center that will be successful. You also have to hire employees who are good with kids and who have the capacity to take care of them. You also have to find a location and some of the resources that you need for opening the daycare center.
- Finalize your plans. Determine what type of daycare center you would like to set up. If you are working on your own, you might want to set up a small daycare center that can accommodate less than 15 children at a time. If you are working with a business partner, you may want to increase the number of children. Another thing that you should consider is the age range of the children you are willing to take care of in your day care center.
- Department of Human Resources. Check the website of the Department of Human Resources in your state. They will have all the information you need there in order for your daycare center to be licensed. Have all the documents that you need and pay the necessary fees so that you can start with getting your business in order. The process may take some time. After they receive your application, they will study it and do an inspection of your daycare center. While waiting for the results, you can proceed in doing the other activities stated below.
- Look for employees. Look for employees who will help you in the daycare center. You might need a few, depending on the age range of the children and how many children you are willing to take in. The staff to child ration chart can also be seen on the website of the Department of Human Resources.
- Wait for your license. After the inspection and when your daycare center is approved, you will be given your license to operate. When you get your license, you can already open your daycare center.
These are the steps that you have to follow in order for you to get
licensed to open a daycare center. Once you get your license, be sure
that you maintain the high quality of your daycare center so that you
can have more clients. Advertise your daycare center by putting up
flyers or through word of mouth so that you can start doing service to
your local community.