Corporate business relocation is a tedious process and can upset the standard operations of your company. What’s more, there could be a risk of losses in your business dealings because some procedures may be disrupted or even cut off while the course of relocation is in progress. Also, upon relocation, you need to immediately resume your normal trade activities in order to maintain your standing in the corporate world. The solution to this dilemma is for you to hire the services of a corporate business relocation company to assist you during the move.
There are a number of corporate business relocation companies out there, and it’s just a matter of cautious selection on your part. Take note of the following tips before hiring one:
- See to it that the business relocation company you will hire will give you the assurance that it will not hamper the usual structure of your business company. Refer to the articles of corporate law as reference when you sign a deal with the relocation staff. The agreement should contain a guarantee that the relocation will be done in a professional, systematic and speedy manner so the flow of your business activity will not be disrupted and that every step involved in the relocation will be done according to law.
- Make sure the business relocation company of your choice operates both in your present location and the place where you are going to transfer your business. This can be done by asking for referrals from other corporate people within your group who have gone through the same process. Without doubt, they can recommend a reputable relocation service provider.
- Choose a company that adheres to “hands on” and “on the site” policies. By “hands on”, it means the company is the one that actually does the tasks and does not delegate or sub-contract the job to other relocation service suppliers. Meanwhile “on the site” refers to the ability of the business relocation company to physically inspect the relocation site (through authorized representatives) and make precise approximation on important matters such as travel conditions and even get an idea on the kind of furniture appropriate for the new workplace. Moreover, if the business relocation company conducts “on the site” inspection of your prospective relocation site, it may also provide you with insight on what business product is saleable in said place.
- Discuss your relocation plan with your corporate business relocation company. Show your original set up as well as the modifications you intend to employ upon moving to another place. Explain the aims, goals and purposes of the relocation as well as point out what stuff you will dispose of and what office furnishings you need to retain. This way you will give the relocation staff an idea on how to carry out the moving process.
- Pick a company that can also give relocation assistance to your own team. Business relocation also involves personal relocation for you and your staff so you might as well look for a relocation company that can provide both corporate and personal relocation services.
No matter how you try to make your relocation smooth, you will always go through some “birth pains” during the transfer process. Adjustments to a new place, learning the ropes of business in your new location and establishing new business associations are some of these “birth pains” you will undergo. Nonetheless, relocating is always welcome as it provides a breath of fresh air and a new beginning.