A pressure gauge is a type of device that measures the pressure of a certain machine. It has truly become a valuable instrument in manufacturing companies, plants and automotive industries. What it does is it basically shows how much pressure your machine has, thus enabling you to take immediate action if things get too high. Because of this, it can prevent a machine from exploding. Installing it can be a bit challenging, especially when you are going to do it by yourself. Since it can be very expensive to hire someone to do the installing for you, learning it on your own sounds a whole lot better. Not only it can save you money, you are also learning a new skill that not very many people can actually do.
To learn more about how to install a pressure gauge, here are some simple steps that you can easily follow.
- First, get an old cloth that you are not using anymore and use it as a rag. You then locate the rubber hose that is attached to the fuel filter, which is directly connected to the carburetor or fuel induction system. Put the rag under the hose. This is so it can absorb any fuel leaks that might escape, especially when the time comes that you need to cut the hose.
- With the use of your hose cutting pliers, cut the line that connects the fuel filter and the fuel induction system. Be very careful in doing this. Make sure you are cutting the correct part.
- Using your hose clamps, place it on each end of the now cut fuel line.
- Get your pressure gauge and position it on one end of the open fuel line. Gently but firmly slide the hose clamp to the end of the rubber hose until it meets the pressure gauge. Carefully tighten it by using a screwdriver.
- You then insert the other end of the pressure gauge to the remaining end of the hose. Again, tighten it all up.
- Now that you have successfully installed your pressure gauge, you can now remove the cloth under the rubber hose. Do not start your engine and test your gauge unless the drops of fuel that seeped in the floor are completely dry.
As long as you are not afraid to get dirty, this should be a piece of cake for you. All you have to do is follow the instructions carefully and you can never go wrong. Always remember that you are dealing with fuel so make sure that you eliminate all vapors and extinguish all flames to avoid burning. It is highly recommended that you wear the proper safety attire and that you use the correct tools to avoid accidents and injuries. It would greatly help if you ask someone, maybe a loved one or friend to assist you in the process of installation so that you can finish faster. Double check all electrical wirings, make sure it is all off. All that is left for you to do is to go out there and slowly install the gauge. Remember, this is not a race so take your time and be very careful.