A projector screen can turn out to be very expensive. Hence, it is not always ideal to rent or purchase a screen for most of your presentation needs. Good thing that it is now possible to create your very own projector screen without the need to spend a lot of money. Read on and find out how you can create a low cost projector screen:
- Find the proper placement of the display. Before you proceed in creating the projector screen, take note that it is important that you know the size and placement of the projector display. To do this, turn on the projector and determine the right size of the display on the wall. The position of the projector when doing the measurements must already be its final position during actual presentations. If you move the projector even a bit, your projector screen will not work well for your advantage.
- Mark the location of the screen on the wall. If you are happy with the placement of the projector and its display on the wall, mark the edges of the display using a pencil on the wall. Turn off the machine after this is done.
- Paint the wall outside the area of the screen. Though this is not a necessary step, painting the wall is a good step to help keep the projector screen more attractive. This is especially true if you will paint the wall with a dark and flat color. This kind of color must be observed so that the wall will not absorb the light coming off the screen. When painting the wall, make sure to tape the area of the projector screen. Allow the paint to dry off completely before jumping in to the subsequent steps.
- Get the paint mixture ready. A mixture of white paint and fine sand will be used to cover the projector screen. The ratio of the mixture must be 4 cups of fine sand to 1 gallon of paint. Mix the sand and paint well.
- Paint the area of the projector screen. Use your roller and apply the paint and sand mixture to the wall where the screen must sit. However, before you do this, tape the outside edges of the projector screen for a clean and smooth finish.
- Let the paint to completely dry on the wall. Once everything is done, let the paint mixture to dry on the wall. Turn on your projector and enjoy a good movie or presentation.
- Box the projector screen for a better finish. If you have not painted the outside walls of the projector screen, it will be a great idea to find a good molding that will help box off the white screen. There are a lot of moldings that you can grab from a hardware shop for this project. However, if you have painted the wall with a dark color, you will find that the smooth and perfect line between the two colors is enough already to finish the look of your low-cost projector display.
It is always good to know that you do not have to spend a lot of money
just so you can have a good projector screen for yourself. So now,
whether you are creating your home theater or getting yourself ready for
a business presentation, this low-cost projector screen project will
help you a lot.