Consignment is a process wherein a person retains ownership to goods and services until they are sold to a buyer. This is a popular business style that many people apply today. You really do not need to create and sell your own products just to make money. All you need to do is find a company that consigns their services that you can then sell to others. The best way to maximize your revenue in this kind of job is to go to eBay. Your profit is based on your commissions. It is pretty much like making referrals to people.
To know more about how to make money on consignment at eBay, just keep on reading and you’ll be surprised by how simple it is to do.
- The first thing you need to do is to register at eBay. eBay is a great site where you can easily do consignment jobs anytime. Make sure you fill up all the required information.
- Once you have signed up to eBay, you have to sell a minimum of 10 items in 3 months. Ensure that your feedback score is not lower than 98 percent.
- As soon as you have achieved this, immediately register as a trading assistant. It is important that you state your full name, location, contact number and email address. Be specific as to which kind of merchandise that you would like to auction.
- On your profile window, give a detailed specification of the services that you are offering. Example of these are what kind of delivery you are willing to do, your working hours, your willingness to research for the customer, your ability to do scanning for client, etc.
- State a clear and concise description of your service fees. It is advisable that you charge a flat rate per volume. Make a chart scaling your fees.
- Never forget to give your terms and conditions. Examples of these are telling your client what product you will and will not sell, your minimum product price, any required documents or information, etc.
- It is recommended that you type all these in word document. Fix everything to your preference. Once you are done, you can just copy and paste it in eBay’s trading assistant profile window. You can then publish it for auction businesses. Make sure you insert the logo of a trading assistant together with a brief overview of your services and link to your trading assistant profile to all the products that you posted.
- Check your email at all times and promptly reply to all inquiries and requests from clients and customers alike. In this job, promptness in responding to clients is a must. If you do not respond immediately, a lot of sales may be lost in this very competitive business.
Always remember to be professional at all times and never overdo your trading assistant description. It is very important that you create a contract to be given to your client. Make sure it is signed. This is to ensure your security.