If you have your own storage shed and you have no idea what to do to it, you can use it as a tool to make extra money. It can be a long term service making it very profitable on your end. There are literally a lot of people who are in need of a place to store their excess things, equipment and goods. To learn more about how to make money with your personal storage shed, here are some few and easy tips that can guide you in starting up this kind of business.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure your storage shed is perfectly clean and vacant. If it is a bit dilapidated, make sure you fix it or hire someone else to fix it. It should be in perfect condition; this means there should be no holes for the rain or mildew to creep in. Check every nook and crevices. It is important as well that there are no insects or any creatures living in your shed. You would not want your clients’ things being chewed by rats. It would not hurt to if you re-paint it to attract customers too.
- As soon as your space is spick and clean, consider a lock system that would conveniently assure your future customers. Think of it as a huge locker. Whatever items that will be stored should be safe and well cared of. Regard it as your own things. Never take for granted the importance of security in this kind of business because that is one of the factors that people will ask about.
- Prepare a contract between you and your client. This is extremely vital for your own security, especially if it is going to be a long term arrangement. Be very clear about your fees, terms and conditions before you agree to anything. Once it is signed, make sure you have a copy of your own.
- It is now time to promote your business. Post online ads or in social networking sites, advertise in your local newspaper and make your own fliers. Give it out to your neighbours. It is always a good idea if you start offering your rental services to your families and friends. Most of the time, they will accept your proposal since they already trust you. Sometimes, you will not even need to advertise much, just the word of mouth will give you bountiful customers.
- It would be great if you give discount on the first month’s rental fee. That would give you a bit of an edge and it will surely attract more customers.
It is important that you constantly maintain your storage shed. Be professional and stick to what you have agreed upon. By following these few simple tips, you will definitely be on your way to a successful business in no time. You don’t even have to leave your own home! This way, you will be earning a monthly income so easily.