Customized labels are manufactured to provide custom print labels for many applications such as water bottle labels, food labels, pharmaceutical labels, wine labels, personal care and cosmetic labels, barcode labels, shipping labels, tea and coffee labels, and household product labels. Customized label manufacturers use the latest technologies to blend customer care and old fashioned quality.
Printing a customized label does not necessarily mean that the consumer himself will do the printing. Because of the many sources and manufacturers of customized labels, the consumers only need to choose a specific design among the many types of custom printed labels, and then make an order. Some of the customized labels that could be ordered are the following:
- Custom printed stickers from your artwork
- Stickers in various sizes and colors, with 3 to 16 regular ink colors
- Minimum of 100 familiar sticker material
- Outdoor and indoor decals
- Alarm system labels
- Client reminders
However, customized labels may be printed using software. Go to the labels and envelops dialog box in and follow these steps:
- On the Tools dropdown menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then hit Envelopes and Labels.
- Click the Labels tab, and then hit Options.
- Pick the type of printer and the provider of the label pages where you will print your labels on. Under Product Number, choose the number equivalent to the number listed on your label sheets pack, and then click OK.
- In the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, click New Document. A new sticker document opens.
- Type the data on the labels that you wish to use.
- On the File menu, click Print to print the labels.
The traditional method of printing product labels is called flexography. The process requires plates to print the label. The plates come from your artwork separated into individual colors.
DIY advantages. Printing your own customized labels will save you the expensive printing costs. By following these simple procedures, you can learn how to print whatever types of labels you want. The advantage of doing your own printing is that you can manage your own time. You can manage your own resources and produce your own artwork. It will not cost you much either, because you will be doing the work yourself.
Skills to master. Printing customized labels is one way of learning a skill. Mastery of the skill is not only a pastime, but could even be a source of employment for people who need the extra buck. You can start a small printing business which will cater to friends and neighbors. For students, this is also a talent to develop. However, if you opt to have your labels printed by a customized digital label printer, you will gain these advantages: speed, quality, cost, and flexibility.
Professional advantages. Customized digital label printers can also be set up by professionals very quickly so that speed in printing is achieved. The quality of a customized digital label printout also has vibrant colors and a high resolution. There are no plates and no film to purchase so the cost of printing is also kept low. Flexibility is the greatest power of customized digital label printing. Custom labels can be quickly printed even if each batch contains different information.