Tractor trailer rental companies are sprouting nowadays like mushrooms after a rainy day. The tractor trailer rental business seems to be raking in a lot of income as this trend shows. Most clients have reasons ranging from moving furniture to a new home to starting their own trucking business.
Read on to know the vital steps in renting a tractor trailer.
- Browse through the local business directory or search for some tractor trailer rental companies online. Be able to choose the type of truck to rent. Almost every type of truck is available for rent. Base your choice on the task that you want to accomplish. If it just entails simple moving or shipping of some items, you may just choose a small moving truck.
- Seek advice from experts in the trucking industry. You may ask for suggestions from truck drivers. They will be the most knowledgeable group of people to give you ideas on the type of truck to rent. They may also give you referrals of reputable tractor trailer companies based on their experiences in the past. You may also ask someone from the Department of Motor Vehicles for this information.
- Call and make an appointment. Once you have your list of prospects, call and make an appointment with the salesman. Ask the salesman to show you the truck's features or even to let you have a test drive. Do not believe everything that the salesman tells you. If you were not familiar with trucks yet, it would be best to make a research before heading on to the rental facility. Also remember to arrange for a delivery of your rented truck.
- Inquire about rent to own options. You will need to do this step just in case you want to engage in the trucking or shipping business. Go through their rent to own plans and choose the best plan that your budget can handle. The tractor trailer company may even be able to assist you with bank financing applications.
- Consider availing additional features at a more expensive rate. Some drivers prefer an air conditioned truck while others can settle on a non-air conditioned one. Depending on the items that you will load on your truck, you may need special add-ons to support more fragile items.
- Ask for discounts. Most tractor trailer rental companies give discounts depending of the length of time of frequency the trucks are going to be rented. They may have weekly, monthly, or even annual rates. More frequent rentals mean lower rates.
- Do not be ashamed to offer an exchange deal. You may have a service that the tractor trailer rental company needs. You can offer your service to get a discount or, better yet, use their trucks for free!
The steps in renting a tractor trailer is just like those of renting a car but you will need to give more considerations. Renting a tractor trailer is more expensive than renting a car so you will have to be considerate of the money that you put to it.