A request for proposal (RFP) is a written document stating a person’s need to seek services and asking a particular company or service provider on how they can supply those needs and how much it will cost the client. If you are the service provider to whom the RFP was issued, you need to learn how to respond to an RFP in a proper way. Failure to answer an RFP will likely cause you to lose potential clients as well as potential income.
Learning how to respond to an RFP is not that difficult. All you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- Review all aspects of the RFP carefully. Before writing any response, make sure that you review every aspect of the RFP. All sections of the RFP must be fully understood in order to properly address the questions asked by the client. In this step, you must also try to figure out whether the RFP match the capabilities of your products and services. At the same time, you must also figure out whether you can meet the deadline stated in the RFP.
- Create a team that will be responsible for answering the RFP. If you decide to pursue the request, assign someone in charge for answering the response. This person must also form a team to help him come up with the response letter to the RFP. When you form a team, make sure that you are always updated with the progress of their work. Instruct the leader of the team to keep you posted on every progress made.
- Follow a standard format in answering RFP. Responses for RFPs will depend on the contents of the RFP. Nevertheless, you must still follow a standard format for answering an RFP. Your letter of response must include specific answers to your client’s queries, a cover letter, an overview of your company, products and services as well as the reason why working with your company is the best option for the client.
- Indicate the effectiveness and functionality of the products and services. When responding to a RFP for technology products and services, you must ensure that your response letter includes information about the functionality and effectiveness of the products and services. This is the major information that your potential client is looking for. Don’t just limit your answer to the needs of the client. If your products and services go beyond your client’s expectations, it is best to include it in your response.
- State the cost of your technology products and services. One very important part of your response must include the price of your products and services. Make sure that price for every product and services for each section of the RFP is clearly stated on your response.
- Send your response back to the client. When you’re done writing your response, review it first and make sure that every detail is factual. When you’re satisfied with the letter of response, you can now send it back and wait for the client to respond.
Here are the steps on how to respond to a RFP for technology products and services. When it comes to replying to RFP, always remember that clients who issue RFP are expecting you to respond in a professional manner. Make sure you submit your response as early as possible. Other companies will be given the RFP as well. In order to get the project, you must portray a good impression to your potential client.