There are a lot of things you need to consider when running a pizza restaurant like food, people or staff and customers. If this is your first time to run such a business, here are ways on how you would do it.
- Hire only trustworthy and competent as staff. The very first thing you need is to prepare capable personnel. Capable personnel are those who are not only competent, but also trustworthy. Remember that in this kind of business, trust plays a very important role for you will not be able to oversee the entire process by yourself, especially money matters. In some pizza restaurants, owners hire their own relatives or any one in the family to take care of the money when they are not around.
- Monitor the stocks and the flow of customers. You have to monitor and keep a keen eye on your stocks. Know how much of each ingredient you need on average everyday. You also have to monitor the flow of the customers and be always prepared for an unexpected diners or a bunch of customers. Do not confine your preparations with the number of average customers that you have everyday. You should also prepare yourself to throw away a lot of ingredients everyday. This is normal for those who are only starting.
- Be sure that your people know how to do all the jobs around the pizza parlor. Do not rely on one or two people to do the pizza. All of your people should know how to prepare everything that is on the menu so that when the unexpected happens, you will still have enough people to prepare the pizzas in the kitchen. Ideally, have them trained for all the positions and implement a rotating scheme on the jobs.
- Manage your staff well. This means that you have to make sure that all of them know their responsibilities for every task, as well as their schedule. It would be wise to maintain line communications with all of them so when somebody cannot make it, you can easily give a call and get somebody who will take care of the job.
- What is placed on the menu should be the one to be served. Make sure that everything you place in the menu is available for serving. Do not disappoint your customers by telling them that their order is not available at the time. So make sure that your ingredients are always complete.
- Talk to your customers. Waiting time for orders usually takes a few minutes. This waiting period is best used if you can talk to your customers, ask for their opinion or suggestion and make sure that they are comfortable.
- Keep your employees satisfied. You should not just focus on your customers. You should also provide ample time to your employees and make sure that they are satisfied and their needs are taken cared of. Remember that your employees are your frontline offense to customers.
Running a pizza restaurant needs time and effort on your part. It is like playing a game of chess where you should know how to utilize and move your people and staff to make everything run smoothly.