Email has become an efficient way to connect wherever you are in the world. Not only is it reliable, it can also be used to send images, documents, videos, music and other forms of media with just a blink of an eye. This is why it is ideal for any kind of business. An effective business email service will let you concentrate on running your company instead of fretting and worrying about managing and handling of the email accounts and its system. It is crucial that you need to know how to set this up properly. Read on to learn more.
1. Go online and start researching on free business email providers. Using a free service is recommended for small businesses. The easiest way to do this is to ask your website host if they have email services available. However, if you have a large corporation, you might want to invest on paid email providers since they can offer you more features and services that can be well suited to your company's needs. For starters, you can check these websites out:
- Microsoft Office Live can provide you with a total of 100 email accounts that match your domain as long as you sign up and build a website with them. Everything will be free except for your domain name. Additional features such as bigger storage, ad-free accounts, etc., are also available with a fee. You can visit them at smallbusiness.officelive.com. This is perfect if you are planning to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Yahoo Small Business is famous for their undeterred spam and security protection. They offer ten email addresses for only $9.95 per month. This includes an easy-to-use interface, a complete business communication solution and a 24-hour toll-free customer service. Check them out at smallbusiness.yahoo.com.
- HyperOffice can easily supply you with business emails from five up to 250 users. Their prices vary depending on the amount of email accounts that you will be choosing. The best part is, there is no hardware that you need to download giving you a hassle-free set up. See their packages at hyperoffice.com.
If you want a web based, totally free email provider, you can use Google's Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Windows Hotmail.
2. Go to your chosen email provider's website and click on register or sign up. You should make sure that you have a list of individual account names for your employees already (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for paid subscribers or email@example.com for free providers).
3. The set up process on whatever email provider that you chose will always be the same. There are blank fields that you need to fill up. You can create new accounts for your employees or sub-accounts for a more systematic and easier account management. As for the passwords, create a generic one for everybody so you can easily remember it. Just give it to your employees so they can change it themselves.
There are a lot of benefits of creating your own business email accounts. Every incoming and outgoing email will be secured and all accounts will be protected against spam, viruses, and malicious and unwanted emails. You can also keep your existing email and you will have exclusivity with the domain address. This will definitely help you and your business to become more efficient in so many ways. Now what are you waiting for? Start following these very easy steps. Good luck!