Shipping in moving containers is a good way to send products and items. The size of the containers allows for a huge amount or assortment of products to be shipped. There are numerous ways to ship moving containers internationally. It depends on a number of things: the contents of the container, the characteristics of the container, the shipping company, country of origin, destination and the time of shipping. The following tips will help you understand what to look out for when shipping moving containers through international waters.
- Type of Product. The product is important, as this will signify the amount you will have to pay. Fees and taxes depend on how many and what items you are shipping. Consider if the content will reach its destination in good condition. Example, a shipment of flowers crossing an ocean without a proper container will be spoiled. Be sure to plan for such conditions. Content is also subject to law. Remember to check for any potential violation of laws regarding shipment content.
- Container Type. The type of container you will use depends on what you will ship. There are many types of containers. Some are big and long (can fit cars or trucks) while others are as big as a dorm room and can fit at least dozens of television sets. Some containers are open air, through the use of bars on the side, while others are closed. There are containers with temperature control. This is used for shipping content, which require a steady degree of temperature. Consider also that the type of container may be subject to fees regarding shipping.
- Find a Shipping Specialist. Nothing beats having a good and reliable shipping company to handle your shipping needs. If possible, research the company you will utilize. It is advisable to get an experienced and known shipping company. The company will handle most of the paperwork you will need after filling up your container. Do make sure to double check the packing of the container and the sealing of the container.
- Insurance. Sending and shipping with good coverage is a must. There are many hazards in shipping and the least of it are lost contents or even the whole containers! Shipping over water also has the risk of ships being sunk or robbed (piracy). Since the content probably has value, insuring it is definitely a good idea.
- Documentation and Receipts. It is also important to keep all proper documentation of the content and the shipping. Content documentation is important because all content are subject to inspection and custom laws of the destination country. You will need documentation like; approval, certificate of ownership, official receipts, origin country inspection papers, etc.
Shipping documentation should have duplicates. You will need to present them to the shipping company and the destination country.
The complexities and difficulties of shipping are plenty. This is merely a guide of the things you will need to consider on how to ship moving containers internationally. A thorough review of details of shipping and laws will be required for problem-free shipping.