Riding in a hot air balloon is probably the most peaceful and enjoyable experience one will ever have in his entire life. If you ever experience the joy of riding a hot air balloon, why not share it with others by starting your own hot air balloon business. With the following steps, you will be starting your own business in no time.
1. Know more about hot air balloons. In order to be successful in this business, you need to study and learn more about hot air balloons. Start by researching in the library and discover the history and the physics behind the hot air balloon. You can also try making small simulations of hot air balloons and try to make them float. By adopting a hot air balloon hobby, you can run the business more easily and effectively. In addition, the knowledge you acquire from the history and physics of hot air balloons can make good topics to share with your future customers.
2. Acquire a pilot's license. After understanding the basic of hot air balloons, you can now get your pilot license. There are two types of pilot's license: commercial and private license. With a private pilot's license, you can fly solo in a hot air balloon while commercial pilot's license permits you to take people for rides. All commercial pilots are required to have a private pilot's license first. Since you are starting a hot air balloon business, you will need both licenses. Check the Federal Aviation Regulation Part 141. You will find the all the requirements needed for each licenses there.
You will also need training to acquire both licenses. Remember that private and commercial pilot's licenses require different hours of flight instruction, ground training and written tests. You need to find a reputable school to help you acquire your licenses.
3. Try to get experience by working for a hot air balloon business. If you want to be successful in this field, you need to acquire experience to prove your competency of running your own business. To do that, you can try working for a hot air balloon business first. Try to learn all things related to the industry. You might also want to do some research on other hot air balloon business in your city. Find out the average price for riding and try to determine how the people in your area feel about the prices. If you can, try to charge cheaper rates. However, be sure that it is still a reasonable price. After all, you are running a business.
4. Get an estimate on the costs of starting this business. Before you can start your business, you need to come up with an estimate of the startup costs. Try to determine how much it will cost you to rent a place for your business, purchase the equipment and employment fee. You might also need a business and marketing plan to get a loan. Make sure you get the proper estimate.
5. Look for an advertising agency. To market your business, you will need an expert to do it for you. This kind of business does not just require fliers or posters. You need a major marketing strategy to let the word out about your new business. Moreover, hiring an advertising agency can be a good option for this.
Having a hot air balloon business can be a lot of fun. If you want to get started in this industry, you can follow these steps to help you get a good start.