A kiosk is a booth-like location where one or more sides are open. Entrepreneurs usually sell various types of products and items from kiosks. Having a kiosk business can be very rewarding. Since potential customers can easily view your items as they walk, you can easily attract them to buy your products. If the products need demonstration, sellers can easily provide customers with a free display of their products as they walk by the stalls.
Malls and the outsides of shopping center usually house these small kiosk businesses. You can start a kiosk business just about anywhere, like an airport. If you wish to start your kiosk business in an airport, here are the steps to follow.
- Inquire about the airport's lease terms. Before you can start your kiosk business in an airport, you need to lease a place there. Contact the airport and inquire about the least terms. If there are two or more airports near your area, it is best that you inquire about the lease terms for each airport and compare their lease prices. Select an airport that offers the best deal. Once you have selected an airport, ask whether they restrict a certain type of product that they are to sell in the area.
- Figure out what you want to sell. After inquiring about the least terms, your next step is to think about the products or merchandise you wish to sell. Consider your target market. Since your business is located in the airport, find products that can cater the needs of passengers and people who are waiting for their relatives or friends to board. You could try selling easy-to-make food like hot dogs or sandwiches. You can also sell emergency utilities such as batteries, toothbrush, toothpaste and the like.
- Check other kiosk businesses at the airport. Part of deciding what type of products or items to sell is to check out your competitors. Before you set up your kiosk, try to check other stalls and see what products they sell. This can help you a lot in determining what you should sell. Make sure that the products you sell are unique. This will give you an edge among your competitors.
- Purchase merchandise. Once you have decided on particular products, start looking for a supplier who can give you the best discounts. With this type of business, it is best to find a wholesale supplier who offers various types of products. You should also be flexible with your products so when a "hot item" comes in, you will be able to stock some of those on your inventory.
- Set up your kiosk. The next step you need to do is to set up your kiosk. Make sure that your kiosk is neatly organized and customer-friendly. Remember that the appearance of your kiosk can greatly affect your sales.
- Promote your business. Getting the word out about your kiosk business is vital in the success of your business. Choose a marketing strategy that can provide you the best benefits. You can promote your business in the in-flight magazines. This way, people can read about your business while they are aboard the airplane.
These are the steps on how you can start your own kiosk business in an airport. By starting a kiosk business, you attain stable income without having to worry about your starting capital. Just make sure that you choose the merchandise that is relevant for the airport.