The medical concierge business model is gaining more and more popularity from both sides because of the mutual benefits it provides. With more and more people demanding for it, the need for businesses or individuals that specialize in the jumpstarting of concierge medicine businesses is also rising. Doctors and medical practitioners may know about treating people but some of them are hardly experts in the field of putting up their own business. They will need assistance in getting their practice off the ground. Here is how to be a start a medical concierge business:
- Have a background in business management. It is essential to have a solid education on how to handle a business. Go to a college and select a course that focuses on business management or something of the sort. Get a master’s degree to establish your credibility. Specialize or make sure you know the basics of starting your own company. You are basically making your own start-up company to make other start-ups. Look for other like-minded individuals to help you out. This sort of business might require you to have partners to handle it more effectively.
- Know the medical concierge business. Concierge medicine or boutique medicine basically has fewer doctors handling fewer patients with the benefits being a higher doctor’s fee for a more immediate medical response. Patients are guaranteed to receive 24-hour service and longer examinations and other benefits in exchange for paying the more expensive retainer fee. Since your business is designed to create concierge medicine businesses, you should know the specifics of the model and what it needs to get of the ground and sustain itself. Consult those who already practice the model and compare their findings with those who have stayed in the standard model.
- Establish a base of operations. You should have your own office where clients can go and meet you and discuss their concerns. This line of work requires face-to-face meeting frequently for more efficient business-building. It also allows helps increase your visibility, helping you attract more prospective clients.
- Advertise and network. You should advertise locally and in newspapers and magazines. Again, visibility is important and putting yourself out there for other doctors to see is just good business. Without advertising, every time you successfully help a new client start their own medical concierge business, you lose one client and are in need of more. Also, try to go to conferences and lectures to learn more about health care at the same time promoting your business. Networking is also essential in this area because word-of-mouth helps spread your business as well.
- Treat your clients well. Of course, even after they have conducted their business with you, you should maintain good ties with your ex-clients. As stated above, networking is very much important to your business. Ex-clients are the perfect advertisers because they are proof of the success of your business. Maintaining ties with them helps the business in the long run.
The challenge of creating a business designed to help create other businesses is very unique. Therefore, you need a unique blend of characteristics to achieve this. Follow the steps above and you will be able to succeed.