A mobile bartending service features low set up costs and minimal requirements. Events, parties and celebrations always avail the services of mobile bartenders. If you like to party and want to make a profit out of what you do, then this is a great business for you.
Here are some tips on how to start a mobile bartending service:
- Get the necessary permits. The nature of your work requires different licenses from different government units. For instance, you need to acquire a business permit. Since your work is essentially a bartending service, you need to get permit for your alcoholic drinks. Different types of drinks require different types of permits. Lastly, make sure that you get the health permit from your local health unit. Your automobile will contain a designated kitchen. You need a health permit since you will be transporting and making drinks within this automobile. Find out where you can get those permits. Visit various local government units.
- Enlist the help of your families, friends and loved ones. To get your business off the ground, start within your circle first. Ask them to promote your services. Create business cards to make meetings more formal. Leave your cards at crucial establishments. These include event planners, pubs, bars and liquor stores.
- Establish a network. Make sure that you befriend professionals related to your line of work. These people can recommend and promote you to their own clients. In exchange, you can do the same for them.
- Offer a variety of alcoholic drinks. Before you go to an event, make sure that you know its demographics. This way, you can match their age groups with your available alcoholic drinks. You can even display a little performance for the crowd. This could surely elicit more tips from them.
- List down the items that you need to purchase. Keep in mind not to buy all the items at once. Prioritize the basic items. If you earn a substantial profit, go ahead and purchase the other items.
- Meet your client before the event. Make sure that you and your partner understand all the terms and conditions. It is not a good idea to talk to your client only on the event itself. There will be many distractions. Your client might not even be sober. Do not forget to discuss the price list.
- Make a thorough business plan. Putting up your own mobile bartending service is not just a hobby. Write down your plans and aspirations for your business. Think of ways how you can achieve your goal.
- Promote, market, and strategize. Document your events. Post it on your website if you have one. Use your resources to market your business. There are creative ways to market your product. You do not have to put a dent on your wallet.
Here are some tips on how to start a mobile bartending service. This is a fun job so get the most out of it. Just make sure that you do not serve drinks to seemingly intoxicated people and under aged guests.