Lemon is a fruit that is known for its culinary, commercial and cleansing ability. It is a good option for a new summer business. You can have a small lemonade stand, or take it even further by enrolling in online business classes, getting a license, and opening a stand at your local state or county fair.
This is suitable for teenagers who are looking for a way to earn while spending summer vacation. Having your own lemonade stand is a good choice to make money. Unlike Mike’s Hard lemonade drink, homemade lemonade is a non-alcoholic beverage that is highly refreshing. It is healthy and absolutely thirst-quenching, especially during hot days of the summer season.
For those who want to start this business, here are some tips that you can follow:
- Advertise your upcoming lemonade stand. This is to excite customers and make them anticipate your lemonade stand. Make an eye-catching poster, fliers, and sign ads and place it where people can easily see them. You can also tell your friends and family members about it.
- Calculate how much it will cost you. Browse through stores and find out the cost of all your materials. This includes lemonade cups, lemonade ingredients and other materials you’ll need to operate your lemonade stand. This will enable you to give the right price for your lemonade drink. It will also help you to see how much profit you can make by selling lemonade.
- Make a lemonade stand. You can construct a new stand out of new materials, or turn an existing table into a stand. Place an attractive sign ad and post it in front. Do not forget to indicate the price per cup and the available products you offer.
- Look for the perfect location. Having a good location wherein people can easily access the stand is one of the aspects that will make you successful. Set it up where people usually walk around and hang out like parks and grocery stores. Make sure to ask permission from an authorized person before setting up your business.
- Start to make your lemonade. Wash the lemons and peel them. Squeeze the lemon manually or use an electric juicer to extract the juice from the fruit. Add boiling water together with sugar, mix and stir it constantly. Let it cool, dilute with certain amount of water, and add some sugar to taste. Your lemonade-flavored juice is ready to drink. Be sure to include ice and sliced lemons for a good presentation.
- Aim for your customer’s satisfaction. Serve your customer’s with a smile. Maintain a Minute Maid-like quality of your lemonade drink by following the same procedure every time you make new lemonade mixture.
- Think of something else to sell. To maximize the use of your lemonade stand, you can also offer some products to sell. You can add other homemade flavored drinks, such as apple, orange, pineapple and passion fruit. It is a good idea to sell a variety of goods to keep your customers coming back for more.
Operating a small-scale business, such as a lemonade stand, can be rewarding. You will also have fun serving your customers and meeting a lot of people in the process of selling. You will also be able to make use of your summer vacation in a meaningful way. If you want to go the extra mile by taking some business classes online and then applying those principles to your lemonade stand, you're sure to have some nice summer income for years to come!