Sending parcels or letters to different parts of the world can be expensive, especially if the package you are trying to send is both heavy and large. Postage rates are based on the weight of the object, the envelope size, the size of the package that is going to be used and also the type of mail. There can also be additional charges for special packages that you want to send.
Here are some of the postage rates by envelope size:
- 1 Ounce to 3 Ounces - Invitation envelopes or square envelopes can fit in this category. Letter envelopes that weigh from 1 to 3 ounces are charged anywhere from $0.44 to $0.78. If large envelopes are going to be used, the rates are increased to $0.88 to $1.51. If you are going to mail a package, you will have to pay anywhere from $1.22 to $1.51.
- 4 Ounces to 6 Ounces - For large envelopes, such as bubble envelopes that contain business materials, you are required to pay $1.39 up to $1.73. For large packages that weigh from 4 to 6 ounces, you are going to be charged $1.68 up to about $2.02.
- 7 Ounces to 9 Ounces - Large envelopes that weigh 7 to 9 ounces are charged $1.90 up to $2.24 while packages are charged from $2.19 to $2.53.
- 10 Ounces to 13 Ounces - For postage that are sent with a large envelope, the rates for 10 to 13 ounces can go anywhere from $2.41 to about $2.92. If it is placed in a package, you will have to pay $2.70 up to around $3.21.
- Type of Mail - The fees may also change depending on the type of mail that you are going to send. Mailing charts or guides can be accessed on the Internet. Some of the types of mail that you can send are priority mail, express mail, certified mail, money order and insured mail. The rates for sending these types of packages vary. You can check this information on the Web site of the United States Postal Service at usps.com.
- Postage and Price Calculator - If you want more accurate rates for postage, you can make use of the Postage Price Calculator that is found on the Web site postcalc.usps.gov. The postage price calculator will help you determine the prices for domestic and international postage. To use the calculator, you have to enter the destination of the package, the shape of the package that is going to be used, the weight of the package, the zip code of the original location and the destination and the mailing date and time. By entering information on the fields, you will be able to know more or less how much it will cost to send your package.
These are the postage rates by envelope size. Be sure to check the United States Postal Service Web site to make sure that you have the correct details and rates. These postage rates may change from time to time so you have to be sure that you are updated.