Do you work well with others? Would you consider yourself motivated and friendly? If you have these qualities, then you would be a good candidate for a Kmart employee. Whether you are interested in customer service, pharmacy, management, automotive or in becoming a sales clerk, there are many employment opportunities for you if you know how to apply for Kmart employment. You can work part-time or full-time: some Kmart stores are open 24 hours, and others are open only during business hours. If you live near a large or even mid-sized city, you probably have a Kmart in your area so there probably won't be a long commute. The benefits are great, too: medical, dental, 401K and disability plans, just to name a few. So, to know how to apply, follow these steps.
- To apply for any position at Kmart, you need a computer to apply for jobs online. If you don't have a computer at your house, try the public library. Your local Kmart may also have a computer station where you can complete the online application.
- If you are applying from home, key in Kmart careers and that site will have the information you need to get started. If you intend to apply at a Kmart store, dress appropriately - showing up in sweats and a t-shirt probably isn't a good idea.
- You will be able to look up your local store's number, so you can fill in the appropriate location.
- Have at least three references - names, addresses and a contact number - handy.
- There will be an area where you need to fill out recent and past work history and contact numbers.
- If you know someone that works for Kmart, enter her name as a reference.
- You will need to enter your Social Security number.
- The Kmart job you are applying for will need to be filled in.
- Don't forget to enter which hours you are available for work.
- It would be a great idea to get familiar with the layout of the store where you want to work.
- Once you have completed the online job application, ask an employee if the manager is there; if he's not busy, perhaps he can interview you or schedule an interview on the spot. If not, you can at least take the opportunity to let him know you've filled out an application for Kmart employment.
- Even if you're not able to speak with someone in charge, you can at least leave a message for that person to call you as to when it would be convenient for an interview.
- Have in mind the date that you can begin working.
Jobs are getting scarce, but there are still quite a few companies that hire all year. People will always need clothes and appliances, so department stores like Kmart will continue hiring. You will have the option of moving to higher employment positions within the company if you do well in an entry-level position.