Modeling can be an exciting, lucrative and very demanding career to partake in however if one is serious about being a model, then prepare and take the necessary steps towards a modeling career. The world of modeling is quite diverse and with the right qualities, a successful career can flourish. There are all types of modeling one can do for example high fashion modeling is where a model does the runway shows for designers and advertise for high-end markets. A model can make millions of dollars in this market. The requirements are stringent and demanding for a model. The model must be tall, slim, between 16-24 years of age preferably, articulate and able to take direction well. The other types of modeling are as follows:
- Specialty Modeling. This type of modeling entails modeling a particular attribute such as hands, feet, face, hair and legs. This type of modeling can generate income from $10,000.00-$100,000.00 per shoot or annually.
- Nude Modeling. A model poses nude for either an artist or through the website of an individual or company and sometimes this type of modeling is part of an Adult website.
- Catalog Modeling. A model works by modeling in various catalogs.
- Print Modeling. A model does prints ads for billboards, catalogs, magazine ads and Internet ads. Usually a model is advertising cosmetics, hair products or specialty creams.
- High-Fashion Modeling. A model works with designers in the high-end fashion market through exclusive contract modeling, product pitching and runway modeling.
- Plus Size Modeling. A model in the plus size range between a size 12-18 and is fast becoming a viable market for plus-size models.
Modeling training through television programs are regarded as "model bootcamp" and with reality television becoming popular, one can view some of the skills required such as proper walking, acting in front of the camera and effectively communicating. A modeling career can open doors towards other careers in the entertainment business and can open the door to entrepreneurship for a model.
There are more options available now for anyone wanting to become a model or forming their own modeling agency. The recording industry is now closely tied to modeling and acting through the affiliation of music videos. The model industry has come under scrutiny lately with malnourished models; drug usage and the lack of models of color being utilized. Modeling can take a person to exotic lands, meet various types of people, work with the top designers and can be financially rewarding.