If you are an animal lover and you want this to be your career, you can try to apply for a job in a veterinary clinic. There is a range of different jobs that are available for you to choose from. You can look for veterinary related jobs online, or you can also visit your local vet or pet shop to know if there are any openings.
Here are some veterinary jobs that you can apply for:
- Veterinary Clinic Receptionist. The job of a pet clinic receptionist is to make appointments for clients, take messages and answer calls while updating the charts of the clients and filing reports, receipts and other necessary paperwork. It is important that the receptionist is computer literate to be able to operate basic software. It is important that the receptionist is capable of staying in an environment where there are a lot of animals.
- Veterinary Radiologist. The veterinary radiologist must have experience in dealing with different types of animals. To be a veterinary radiologist, you must have a veterinary degree and have board certifications. It is also important that you know how to work in a team environment. In some cases, when you work in a teaching school, you will be required to conduct training for veterinary students.
- Veterinarian. A certified veterinarian must be able to handle different types of animals. A degree for veterinary studies must be obtained in order to qualify for this job. Some of the duties of a veterinarian are internal medicine for various animals, surgery of animals, rehabilitation, wellness management and also dentistry. It will be helpful if you have previous work experience in veterinary medicine before become a veterinarian.
- Feline Veterinarian. As a feline veterinarian, you will be able to gain jobs in a cat hospital. You will be treating animals that belong in the feline family. If you love cats, then this might be the job for you. You must be ready to deal with various feline problems and conduct surgery or different types of testing on cats. You also have to be ready in handling different supplies and testing equipment.
- Epidemiologist. An epidemiologist that works in a veterinary clinic is responsible for analyzing or studying the reasons for the illnesses of the animals. You will also be responsible for looking for and suggesting the different treatments that can be done for the ailments. This job is more research work, and most of your time will be spent in laboratories.
These are only some of the jobs that you can have in a veterinary clinic. If you want to thrive in this field and be successful, you can work your way up to becoming a veterinarian, you must have the patience and the willingness to learn new things from your peers. You can start out having an entry-level job and once you gain experience, you can work your way up to becoming a veterinarian or you can even have your very own pet store or veterinary clinic.