Carnival Cruise Lines has a proud, unmatched record of delivering fun vacations to its guests, many of whom return again and again to relive the excitement of a Carnival cruise.
With cruises to Alaska, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, New England and Canada, Europe, Hawaii and Mexico, Carnival employees have an opportunity to see and enjoy new places and meet people from many different backgrounds. It's a great life and a rewarding work experience.
How can you learn about how to get jobs with Carnival Cruise Lines? It's easy. Just visit Carnival's web site, carnival.com. Scroll down the page to the bottom right to the heading "About Carnival," then click on the second link, "Fun Jobs." Prospective applicants can learn about the wide range of employment opportunities at Carnival Cruise Lines and perhaps even begin the application process online.
On the Fun Jobs page, at left under the photo, is a link for information about corporate positions at Carnival. A prospective job applicant can access information about job openings in departments such as accounts payable, technical operations and strategic projects, among others.
Anyone interested in working on board one of Carnival Cruise Lines' 22 ships can investigate one or more of the job 10 classifications that are listed at right, on the same page under "Shipboard Recruiting." Clicking on a link for a classification yields valuable information, including a job description, position requirements and application procedures.
Onboard jobs include:
- Destination shopping specialists are energetic sales people that promote shopping programs on shore.
- Shipboard audio-visual staff handles production and post-production duties for broadcasts and productions, as well as all video projection systems and digital displays.
- Experienced personnel to work in ship casinos.
- Entertainment staff of musicians, singers and dancers to perform in shipboard productions.
- Staff to work in ship gift shops.
- Professionals to teach golf techniques in the Onboard Golf Academy.
- Medical professionals, such as physicians, nurses and nurse practitioners to handle the onboard medical needs of the guests and crew.
- Staff to work in shipboard fitness centers, spas and beauty salons.
- Shipboard photographers to shoot, process and sell digital photos.
- Sales-oriented staff to market the Carnival SeaMiles MasterCard.
Application requirements are different for each position. For example, auditions are required for shipboard performers.
The Carnival web site warns prospective applicants to ignore fraudulent classified advertisements for cruise employment that have appeared in some newspapers. These ads are scams.