Weird as it may sound, becoming an egg donor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. There is comfort knowing that you are giving a gift to other people that are so special and meaningful, that it can literally change both of your lives. You are helping other women to conceive a child, giving them a family that they have always wanted. It is something that they will cherish for the rest of their lives. Not only that, it is also a good way to earn a relatively large amount of money. Most egg donors are anonymous and have a strict contract not to disclose any personal information regarding who donated the eggs. It is very easy to do and is common nowadays especially with the age of technology and scientific discoveries. Here are some helpful tips on how to become an anonymous egg donor.
- Make sure you know all the pre-requisite requirements first before undergoing such advanced procedure. You have to be at the right age bracket, women between 21 and 35 years old are generally accepted. There is a high chance that if you are 35 years old and above, your eggs are abnormally developed. This may cause difficulty in conceiving a child and it usually causes birth defects.
- Call your local Health Department and ask about clinics that accept egg donations. They will give you a list and you can start from there. Or you can browse on line and look for a clinic nearest you.
- Once you know where to donate, call the clinic first and schedule for an appointment regarding your concern. You will need to apply for an egg donation program in your city. Make sure that you check the background of the clinic first. Talk to the staff and make a thorough research about the company. This will ensure safety and security on your end.
- When you apply for an egg donation program, you will undergo an extensive screening. You will be asked about your age, family, your diet and vices if you have any. You will also need to pass a complete medical and psychological examination to make sure you are healthy and completely sane. A number of tests will take place from different doctors to ensure you do not have infectious diseases that may affect the recipient and the soon-to-be child.
- After you have passed all the tests and exams, you are required to take fertility drugs. This will help stimulate your ovaries to produce plenty of eggs. This cultivation procedure will take two months so make sure you dutifully follow all instructions given by the doctor.
- You have to reiterate that you want to be anonymous at the very start of the program. Make sure that you remind them before the process ends too. Women usually get paid between $3,000 to $20,000, depending on the recipient's preferences.
This is a very lucrative and tedious process, so be very patient and attentive to all directions given to you. It is worth the effort in the end. Make an effort to get to know the physician handling you. If there is anything unclear to you, ask immediately for clarifications. It is important that you understand the process and the risk that it involves.