BNHCS or Bayada Nurses Home Care Specialist is one of the major heath care providers and it was founded in 1975. They provide therapeutic, nursing, rehabilitative, and personal home health care dedication to seniors, adults and children. There are 13,000 home health aides, therapists and nurses that work in 170 branches in 18 states. Below are instructions and tips to help you become a Bayada home health aide.
- Ask yourself first if you want to become a home health aide. It’s not an easy job unless you really love people and want to help them. You will handle duties like checking the respiration, temperature and pulse rate of your patients. You will help them bathe, dress, groom, and move to bed. You will help them change their non-sterile dressings occasionally and give them alcohol rubs, massages, and assists them with their artificial limbs and braces. You might also use medical equipments like ventilators to help them patients breathe. If you can handle these responsibilities alongside the physical and emotional tension, then you can do the duties of a home health aide effectively.
- Learn your state’s certification procedures. Most states require different licensing credentials for people who want to become a home health aide. Some states will ask you for your high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). There are states that require 75 hours of comprehensive and supervised training where there’s a proficiency examination to evaluate if you’ll receive a Home Health Aide (HHA) certification. You can achieve your national licensing from National Association for Home Care and Hospice.
- Appreciate that home health care aides assist disabled, convalescent, and elderly people in the comfort of their own home. Appreciate that is it cozier for you and them. Under your direction or other medical personnel, you’ll provide health services and friendship to your patients.
- Apply as a Bayada home health aide. Visit your local Bayada division or apply through their website. Prepare yourself for a drug screening and background check. Ensure that you have the needed requirements before you apply. Ask Bayada home health aides that you know and ask for essential information. You can ask them about salary, benefits and information about Bayada; you’ll have an edge during your interview if you fully understand the company that you like to work for.
- Begin your career as a Bayada home health aide. You can start working as soon as you meet their requirements. The Bayada Nurses Home Care Specialists states that they offer 401(k), scholarship programs, direct deposit, and referral bonuses among others. Ensure that you understand the company compliances before you start working.
If you’re applying online, you just need to click on your preferred Certified Home Health Aide Job on Bayada’s website to learn about the exact qualifications that they require.
Learn about the mission and vision of Bayada and learn it by heart. If you are sincere with your goal to become a home health aide, then it’s much possible that you’ll achieve your goal of giving people comfort at their own home.