Has it ever crossed your mind to become Elvis Presley someday or be on the same level of fame that the Beatles and Rolling Stones achieved? Who has not, right? Being the pioneers of music history, having songs to be remembered for a lifetime and their contribution on the evolution of music industry, who else does not want to become a certified rock star! But how can you become a rock musician? You can be one at anytime! Especially when it is your passion to do so. You can be a musician to your friends, family and small groups of community. Yes you can be a rock musician, but the question is, how can you be famous? In the course of the music industry, having several artists of today, only few were remembered and became legends of their generation.
Here are several ways to become a rock legend of your time:
- Have a passion for rock music. Rock music is not the typical genre type of music. This has something to do with expressing your true sentiments in life. This kind of music is mostly loud, extreme and young people mostly patronize this. If not having the gift of rock music you must need passion and drive to last for a long time. Instruments are considered the "musician's friend" because it is an asset when you have the skills in playing musical instruments, particularly the guitar.
- Have your own identity. With the numerous rock musicians that we have around the world, having an identity would be an edge in becoming a super rock star. Standout is the perfect word for it. Be yourself and yet be creative and show your own style. Whether you are the lead singer, piano player, singer/songwriter or anybody that will showcase your own self-identity.
- Know the quality of rock music. They say songs will be remembered for a lifetime. Having a good quality of music makes it more timeless. Because of its quality, the music will be passed on from generations to generations, people will forever remember you and always find your music. Your name will be forever remembered in music stores and classifieds.
- Have a group name. Having a unique name or group name is the start of your career. Unusual names can make an impression. Do a little brainstorming with family, friends or your band mates.
- Have a good image. Image is for keeps. Image can make or break your career. It can be your friend or worst enemy. It can be an opportunity for you or it can be the destroyer. Raising an advocacy would be an advantage for you.
Rock music has been with us since the 1950s and it became a hit by the 1970s. This kind of genre originated from United States and eventually hit in countries like London and Germany. Rock music is a generation inspired kind of music, which showcases youth's extreme expression towards self, family and society.