Many people dream of becoming a U.S. Citizen. The United States of America is a rich country with many benefits for its citizens, like hospitalization and other insurance needs. Because of all these, many people are applying to become an American Citizen.
Here are the instructions on how to become a legal u.s. citizen the easy way:
- There are 3 ways of becoming a U.S. Citizen. One way is if your parents gave birth to you in American territory. Another way is if you have at least one American citizen parent. If you are neither of the two and you want to be an American Citizen, you can go through the process of Naturalization.
- To embark on the process of naturalization, the first step is to go to American territory legally. If you enter the country illegally, you may be deported back to your country of origin.
- Once you are in the United States of America, apply for permanent residency. As soon as you are granted a card of permanent residency, you will be obligated to stay in America for 3 years if you are married to someone who is a US citizen. If you are not married to a citizen, you will be required to stay for 5 years.
- Upon completing the duration of time given to you, you will need to fill out form N-400. This is the application form for Naturalization. You will also be required to pay a fee.
- A government unit called the US Citizenship and Immigration Services will review your application. They will notify you that you will have to give your fingerprints for record purposes. They will instruct you on where to go for this process.
- You will then be interviewed by personnel of the USCIS. Remember to answer all of the interviewer's questions honestly. The interviewer is an expert in this field and will notice if you are lying.
- You will be given a test covering American history and government to assess your knowledge in these areas. In addition to this, you must also know how to speak the English language.
- After some time you will be told if you passed tests in Civics and English. In most cases, you will be allowed to retake the test if you fail it.
- If you pass the Civics and English test, you will have to take a pledge to the USA at a formal procedure. You will now have to return your green card. A Certificate of Naturalization will be given to you after you take the oath.
- Another way to become a U.S. Citizen is to enlist in the U.S. Military. President Bush enacted the Fast Track to Citizenship program in 2002 and thousands of soldiers have already been granted U.S. Citizenship. New soldiers are being recruited by the U.S. military from all over the world and the Fast Track to Citizenship program is serving as an incentive for the recruits.
These are the ways on how to become a legal U.S. Citizen. Just follow the simple steps and with a little patience you will become a full-fledged American Citizen in no time.