Plumbing is a skillful job that requires working with plumbing fixtures, water systems and pipes. A plumber is the person who is needed to do plumbing services like repairing piping systems, installing water systems and fixing plumbing fixtures (fountains, showers, sinks, bath tubs, urinals). If you want to apply for a plumbing job, then here are some helpful tips on how to bid on plumbing jobs. Remember, placing a bid can be a demanding process, most especially if you do not know how to do it.
- Submit your proposal to the construction agency. It is very important to submit a proposal that contains all the details they need such as a detailed background of your company, a brief explanation as to why you are the perfect choice for the project, and the like. Please also include your experiences as a plumbing provider, cost cutting suggestions and a practical summary of why you are the most competent among other applicants.
- Don’t forget to incorporate the necessary information such as the cost of materials and the supplier where you are planning to get the plumbing materials.
- Don’t forget to write down the experiences you have had from the time you started working as a plumbing provider up to the present. Detail each of your experiences carefully by putting the employer name, the employer’s contact details, the years you worked with your employer, the services you have rendered, etc. The experiences may help you land the most sought after project. In fact, it is your selling point so you need to make it a good one.
- Write down the price of plumbing materials. Detail the price of plumbing materials you are planning to use for the project. Do not forget to emphasize the kind of material you are planning to use as well.
- Do not forget to incorporate the number of employees in the bid. Let the agency know how many employees you have. Indicate the number of head plumber and plumber assistants you have. Obviously, a head plumber requires a higher salary compared to plumber assistants. Whether your employee is a head plumber or a plumber assistant, he should have the proper license.
- Identify the pricing arrangement. You don’t only need to include the price of the plumbing materials but also the salary you want to get from this project. Give the agency a concrete idea on how much you want to get paid.
- Take time to re-check your proposal before submitting it to the agency. Make sure you have jotted down the important details the agency wants to find out. Definitely, it should be a realistic estimate. Don’t make up stories just to get hired. Make sure you will fulfill the duties you have jotted down in the proposal.
Whether you are in Texas, in Maryland, in California, in Illinois or in Australia, you need to know how to bid on plumbing jobs properly. Make sure to make a realistic proposal to help you get hired.